Any Arizona Lapbanders out their!!

soon2bnewme
on 12/12/06 4:54 am - Chandler, AZ
I would love to get input on how others are doing who have had the lapband. I see many who have had RNY but I know their are some lookers who just haven't posted with the band. Lets swap stories. Maybe we can give each other some ideas or do's and don'ts. Renee'
tkswanson
on 12/12/06 6:18 am
Hi Renee, Have you had the lapband surgery?? I am just getting started in looking into it and would love to hear from you with any suggetions and maybe what dr you went to?? thanks Kathy
K B (Tucson)
on 12/12/06 8:52 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey! There are many of us bandsters in AZ, but you are right, the AZ forum is mostly people with bypass. You can go on the OH lapband forum and you can discuss all the band issues you wnat or you can email me privately. The band is a great wl tool.
soon2bnewme
on 12/12/06 12:05 pm - Chandler, AZ
I was banded on August 14th of this year by a wonderful AWESOME Dr. Terry Simpson in Phoenix. I know that the main site for banders have tons of information but I just thought we could find some more Arizona banders who would like to post on this site. I keep checking on this site but I never see many people who had lapband. It's nice to meet people who live near me so that we can get together or share ideas. I just went to my support meeting tonight at my doctors office. It was mainly about nutrition and always very helpful information. I'm still new and have many questions as time goes by. I'm still puzzled at the reason why people say they feel their fills at different times. Don't you think it should kick in right away? How long did it take for you to feel your restriction? So many questions. Lets help each other. I know what the books and doctors say but hearing personal experiences is priceless don't you think. Have a great evening.... Renee'
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/06 12:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was banded in Mexico a week ago. Still a newbie but I'm from Phoenix.
jeannearm
on 12/13/06 1:05 am
I recently had my lap-band surgery on December 4th, so I'm a newbie. I'm on my 2nd week of liquids. Doing OK. So far I've lost about 11#. How far along are you?
soon2bnewme
on 12/13/06 1:27 am - Chandler, AZ
I'm just about 4 months out and finally figuring this band out. Although you tend to forget some of the rules so last night I went to the support meeting to remind me of the basics and I'm back on track again this morning. I realized after last night that I'm not taking vitamins and I've been having little snacks when I should just be eating three meals. Congrats on your surgery on December 4th. You should be able to start mushies soon shouldn't you?
carolem
on 12/13/06 5:52 am - Austin , TX
Hi Renee" As you already know, friend, my lap band will be Jan 26th, my husband had his 11/06 and has now had his first fill as of yesterday. He lost 40lbs since the 6th. He is so jazzed! He said the doctor told him he was cheating last month when he pureed a lot of his food! He told her it was easier than chewing it to nothing! He decided last night to go back to the cottage cheese and yogurt again, he didn't feel like eating any of my lamb chop. He was mainly excited that the scale in Dr. Blackstones office, shows that he's losing fat and gaining muscle mass, as well as being well hydrated. His BMI has dropped dramatically, men have it easier than us "gals" you know! He's so cute, he logs into his journal we got in the pre-op class daily. We're told to bring it to all the appointments with the doctor. That way if your having trouble they can review it with you. Something interesting the doc told him. She said you won't believe it but some people right after a fill will try to go out and have a "Big Mac" and then wonder why they are having trouble! Anyway, just a little input from the lap-band corner... Carolem
Todd_B
on 12/13/06 8:10 am - Queen Creek, AZ
My wife and I both had lapband. Jen had hers about a year ago and has made her original goal plus a few more pounds. She is now in wearing size 6 pants. I had my surgery in April and have lost right at 100 lbs. I've gone from a 46 waist to a 36 and 3x shirts to large. The band is definitely what you make of it. I have a coworker that had the surgery about 4 months ago and has not lost a thing but she has really not changed any of her eating habits. She brought in a box of donuts the other day and had a couple herself. I have tried a donut from time to time but only a couple bites. There's no way I could even think about eating a whole one. She is very depressed that she is not losing but does not follow any of the band rules. I try to give her some helpful hints when asked but there's only so much that I can do. It's good to see other bandsters posting on this board. We definitely have our own set of challenges and it would be great to be able to learn from and help others that have been banded.
Terri M.
on 12/13/06 8:39 am - Pinedale, AZ
Hi Renee, Another Arizona Bandster here!!! I was banded 2 years ago and am down 120lbs. I still have about another 40lbs to go. I was banded in Flagstaff with Dr. Robert Berger!! I LOVE MY BAND!! It has made a new person out of me!! Terri
Most Active