My adventure with a stricture...

Melissa P
on 11/28/06 1:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Wow Nicole! I am so sorry to hear that you had such a hard time. I have been thinking about you since last week when this all started. I have been trying to get a hold of you. Maybe I have the wrong number. Give me a call. I hope you are feeling better soon and that the next procedure will fix you up. Melissa
Nicole W.
on 11/28/06 3:52 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I got your message last week, I was actually visiting Cathy when you called and then stayed the night at my friends house... I called you back tonight (my cell phone was in the other room), got your voicemail on the first ring.
Linda S.
on 11/28/06 5:50 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
You poor little brave girl! How awful for you. Hang in there, your are a tough cookie! Huge hug!!!!
mgamine
on 11/30/06 3:07 am - Mesa, AZ
HI Nicole Sorry you're having a rough time with this. My first stricture I was in the hospital for about 5 days. They did it twice--the 2nd time under anethesia. I was sent home a day or so later. You'll get through this...just take it easy. If you'd like I can give you the name of the docs that have done my dilitations. Every time I've had a problem it's been taken care of in a matter of days. chelle
Nicole W.
on 11/30/06 7:40 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Chelle, thanks so much, after I went a little postal on the Gastro-surgeon schedule after she told me that my procedure for Monday at 11:30 wouldn't have anesthesia because she couldnt get an anesthesialogist... they rescheduled me for tomorrow morning. So looking forward to eating tomorrow... even thou I have lost 5lbs this week from just liquids!
mgamine
on 11/30/06 11:04 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Nicole That is ridiculous. I've had anathesia on 2/3 out of my 7 stretches..I count 6 strictures cause of the 2 done back to back. When you start to eat take it easy..your throat or tummy may be a bit sensitive. Also, plan on sleeping the rest of the day away or at least vegging. I'm sure all will be well. I've gotten through mine and so far am not feeling the need for another stretch. You'll be fine. Keep sipping. chelle
Nicole W.
on 12/1/06 5:43 am - Cave Creek, AZ
So after I blew my lid yesterday with the scheduling chick at Dr. Rigberg's office I was able to get in this morning for the completion of my dilation of my stricture. Let me say... what a NICE man! He was so informative and kind... so was the anesthesilogist. I was impressed by both of them and funny! I went to sleep @ 9:35 and was awake by 9:50. I have a nasty bruise on my wrist from the IV since they couldn't use my hands because I was pretty dehydrated. But, at least I'm fixed! I saw Laura... she and I had surgery the same day. Sorry I bumped you an hour, girlie! But after 2 weeks of not eating foods, Katie and I went to lunch today and everything went down smoothly. So, time for a nap... didn't sleep good last night because of nerves!
Most Active