Waiting on Insurance

msnd67
on 11/15/06 3:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
Can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to call the insurance office when your file is in review? Should I just let the Dr. office handle it or would it help speed things up if I called myself? I'm just impatient and want an answer. When I called the Dr. office after 4 weeks she said that she had called the insurance office and the file was in review. Should I call or hold off?
CINABOBINA
on 11/15/06 3:16 am
Call,, call,, call,, you know you will feel better ,, better than sitting on pins & needles
alligatorpgr
on 11/15/06 4:41 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Sandi, they won't approve or deny you based on whether you call or not. I have UHC, and my case has been in for review for almost 2 weeks now. I've called 4 times now, and 3 of the 4 times, the people I've talked to are really nice. I have my reference # now, so it's a very quick process when I do call. If it will ease your mind, call them. Who's your Dr, because some offices are on top of things and call right away when they get an approval and others are not? So if you find out before your Dr. does, you can call them to get a surgery date going. Best wishes on your insurance process and good luck. Alli
pwrightt
on 11/15/06 10:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Call Call Call. It won't hurt and this way they know that you are on top of this. Who is your doctor? I have Dr.Juarez and Angelia was in charge of getting me approved. She was great. I actually went down to the office and spoke to her. Once I had the needed documents she had me approved within (1) week. I did not want to waste time. Call Call Call
AZdove
on 11/15/06 11:39 am - Tolleson, AZ
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who was impatient and struggled with whether to call or not! I would call at least twice a week and write down who I spoke with and what was said during each phone call if I was still at that stage (I actually probably called Cigna 3 times a week when I was going through the approval process after an initial decline). You should not go through any additional stress so I would call...give yourself permission.
Most Active