SBC Support Group - This Wednesday

Nicole W.
on 11/13/06 1:54 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Paula, Dr. Blackstone's program has alot of structure to it. She is very strict with losing 10% of your excess weight before surgery, meeting with the dieticians, attending the pre-op, 1 week post-op and 1 month post-op classes (all required). After surgery, you are walking within hours, you can only be in your bed from Midnight to 6am... the rest of the time you are in the recliner or walking. (to avoid blood clots) Your first week after surgery, you will be on a liquid only diet (good ole, Jello, broth, tea and water) and then for 3 weeks, it is proteins only (chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, yogurt, cottage cheese & beans). I'll let you know what I can eat after my 1 month post-op class... which I am SO looking forward too!!! No exercise except for walking and stationary bike for the first month. You can do weight training, etc at 2 months (to avoid hernia's). 3 meals a day, Proteins first... NO snacking. Alot more info is on the SBC website of the structure of her program and the 30-20-30 rule. I started the habits right after my intial consult... and I have to say it has helped alot with being post-op now. While she is strict, Dr. Blackstone is extremely cautious also. She is looking out for your best interest so you are successful with this surgery. She is a very very very thorough surgeon and very hands on and extremely caring... she impressed me a great deal. And she dropped the additional fee's which makes things all alot better! You will be very happy with her, especially if she presented the seminar you went to! Send me a message if you have anymore questions! ~Nicole
Most Active