3 days post op questions

chrisaf
on 11/8/06 11:42 pm - Kingman, AZ
Hello, I am 3 days post op. I just got home yesterday and I have had a few episodes of nausea and vomiting. Not really after I eat just mostly when I make a big move. Like getting up and going to the bathroom etc. I can eat but I also seem to feel full all the time. was just wondering if this seems normal. Thanks Christine Surgery 11/06/06
MARY OTU
on 11/9/06 12:01 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Christine, Yep, it is all normal. I still feel full or at least not hungry at 5 weeks out. I did not have vomiting but I know that is also not unusual. Try sipping hot peppermint tea. If that does not help call your Doctor and they may prescribe something. Best of luck, Mary
Heidi_K
on 11/9/06 12:09 am - AZ
Christine, I had lap band surgery on Monday. I'm walking around the block, doing a little housework, drinking plenty of clear liquids and feeling good. I do have a little shoulder pain from the gas they pumped in me and I tried some skim milk this morning and it was a little much but I'm feeling a lot better than I thought. All my nausea, (and I had it bad), went away by Monday evening. What kind of surgery did you have? I hope you feel better, it just takes time.
chrisaf
on 11/9/06 2:54 am - Kingman, AZ
I had the full gastric bypass. I was wondering about the milk also. I had a carnation instant breakfast yeasterday at the hospital. It took me a little over an hour to drink and I was full the rest of the day. Today I started with just some jello and I was feeling a little better but I still dont feel like eating. This is a little harder than I thought and partially because I feel so scared. Thank you guys for your feedback. My husband is going to get me some peppermint tea. Thanks Christine
JRinAZ
on 11/9/06 4:23 am - Layton, UT
Hi Christine, Your nausea and vomiiting may be a reaction to the Lortab (pain meds). Try drinking lukewarm water instead of icey cold drinks and try sipping some broth or herbal tea or something before your nutritional intake. ..... If you are not hungry and can't tolerate much yet then make sure that what you get is of value. Jellos is useless. How bout sipping a protein drink? Protein helps with healing and restores tissue. Vommitting is not good and should be called into your doc. If you had a Lap Band....you especially should not be vomitting as it can cause slipage of your band! Take care.......it won't be long before your swelling is reduced and you can have a real swallow without pain or nausea! Congrats on your surgery! Joyce P.S. Some post-ops develop milk issues that were never a problem before surgery. If you are lactose intollerant then you would hve explosive bowels to go with your nausea......But, it might be a good idea to keep a journal so you can report back to your doc for your post-op check up.
Nicole W.
on 11/9/06 2:26 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Christine, Congrats on your surgery! Nausea and vomiting is normal... take your time getting up from chairs and when you feel the nausea focus on a fixed object for 20 seconds and see if it goes away. Also, I'm with Mary... try the peppermint tea. If you vomiting continues past 3 days... call your surgeon. Good Luck to you! ~Nicole
Most Active