UHC still reviewing....

alligatorpgr
on 11/8/06 5:42 am - PHOENIX, AZ
They've had my file for review for almost 2 weeks now. I've been calling since Monday for status, and the person I talked to on Monday, was less than helpful or pleasant. I talked to someone much nicer today, and she said she could see my file was being looked at, as their were notes in my file for today. I am so nervous that I won't get approved. Everyone keeps telling me that UHC is the best when it comes to WLS, but I am the person that the dark cloud always follows.....Could everyone please send happy thoughts my way, and say a prayer for me??????
CK777
on 11/8/06 6:10 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Alli I'm sure everything will be ok!! Just keep at them like you have been. There isn't any reason why you should be denied. I will be saying extra prayers and think happy thoughts for you! Cathy
AZdove
on 11/8/06 7:08 am - Tolleson, AZ
Sometimes it takes that little bit longer for things to get set up. Personally, and I don't want to dump my belief on anyone, but I truly believe that things happen for a reason and at the time they happen for a reason. I believe in a "Master" plan. Whomever you choose to put in the place of the "Master" is your business and choice. But I believe that leaving the "grand" planning to someone who built such complex things as human beings is my best bet. And even though I question things so many times, generally when something happens is when it SHOULD happen and things are better because of it. Maybe looking at what lesson you can learn from this delay in getting approval would be useful? To goody two shoes? I don't know, but you are a delicate wonderful human being who is being shown a way to show patience perhaps as an example to someone else? Or just a reminder lesson? Like the first week of school each time you start a new grade? My prayers are with you. It is generally when I feel I have ran out of patience that my ability to be patient becomes tested again. Of course maybe this is a lesson in endurance? A different perspective? Really I am not bi-polar!
Melissa P
on 11/9/06 4:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Alli, I don't know anything about UHC. But I am sending you happy thoughts & a prayer that if is meant to be it will happen for you. Good luc****ep us posted when you hear something. Melissa
carolem
on 11/9/06 5:22 am - Austin , TX
Hi, I was just wondering since we have the same insurance, if your primary care doctor wrote a ltter to Blackstone that stated your weight, bmi index, and how your condition affects your health at this time, with a recommendation for you to have the surgery. Our primary care doctor did that and we were approved with no hassle on the first try. I don't know what we did differently than so many I see having problems. I had that letter done before we even attended the seminar. By the way our plan does not cover WLS unless you have the morbid obesity diagnosis. Those are the key words. Even if your on the edge, your doctor can state how you would benefit medically. They didn't care about what diets we had been on or how long. Good luck, don't give up, maybe they will get tired of hearing from you and just approve it! Wish you lot's of good luck. Carole M.
alligatorpgr
on 11/9/06 6:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
My PCP did write a letter of medical necessity, and from what I've heard from UHC about the requirements, I qualify. Here's the kicker, for some people they require a 5 yr weight history of morbid obesity. For me, I've only been 100+ lbs overweight for the last 2 1/2 years, so I wouldn't meet that criteria. I do know other people that have gotten approved without that, so I'm trying to stay positive. I have no patience at all, so although this is all probably happening within a reasonable time-frame, I just can't see it.....I will stay strong though, thanks for the encouragement, and good luck to you also
carolem
on 11/9/06 6:27 am - Austin , TX
I'm so surprised they wanted a 5 year history. Neither my husband or I have been over 100 pounds for even 2 years. Mine will be 2 years next month since a hysterectomy, and my husband was really just in the last 12 months. We have always had a weight problem, just not at that level. Diets never had a lasting effect so it was a constant loose weight, gain it back, and on to another diet. We haven't even had this insurance company for more than 2 years. We were with Health Net in California. But we did develop high blood pressure and my husband is borderline diabetic. They even gave him some insulin in the hospital to bring down his sugar level. Blackstone's office I thought was pretty good at helping get people approved, and maybe a different person or a supervisor at the insurance company will help you if you approach them. Something will work, keep thinking it will and doors will open. Caroe M.
KT300
on 11/11/06 3:23 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Alli, I too have UHC and they required letter, documentation, and even a 6 mos weight loss by a MD which they later dropped, they denied me on my first try because I didn't have a sleep study. I had it two days later and it did take several weeks for them to send me a approval letter, probably 4-5 weeks, so don't worry it's probably coming soon!! I did talk with the care coordination dept. and get a reference number which is how they updated me. Good luck! Katie
Ayaunna
on 11/12/06 2:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Alli, I don't see why they wouldn't approve you. Think HAPPY thoughts!! Maybe they are swamped right now and it is holiday time.... I will keep you in my prayers. Talk to you soon! ~ Ayaunna
Most Active