help can i ever eat again ...? or me being scared isnt a option

cyn30az
on 11/6/06 1:13 am - lake havasu, AZ
well im almost a month and a half post -op i had surgery on sept 20th and i have been fighting with myself to eat everything gets stuck in between my breast is this normal ... i hate the feeling i somdays can eat cottage cheese other days not somedays water gets me sick ... i dont know if everyone goes through this but i feel better just trying to drink liquids cause everything hurts or makes me sick .. somebody said something about a stricture i have no clue what that is but i daont want another surgery for a long time .. and will this get better how long does it last and what should i be eating at 6 weeks out ..?
Darlene X
on 11/6/06 1:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
I'd suggest you make an appointment ASAP to get checked for a stricture. Ive seen the effects that leaving a stricture untreated can cause. Hubby had one for almost 6 months, ended up back in hospital with Kidney stones and severly dehydrated. A stricture is where scar tissue grows around your stoma (The exit of your puch where the intestines were sewn back to your stomach)... this exit from your puch ahould be around 12-15 mm's in diameter... when scar tissues closes this up you have issues eating and drinking because food is not passing normally through--- this is probably the most common complication after RNY. You DO NOT need another surgery... they simply do an endoscope, they put it down your throat and look at your stoma... if it is a stricture they have a little balloon attached that streches it out a little... a very simple quick fix.... PLEASE!!!! Go get checked at least and rule it out.... I think you'd much rather have a quick scope to fix this than end up in Hospital & with kidney stones like my Hubby. You will be much happier if you get this fixed. Darlene
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/6/06 11:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Cindy, have you called Dr. Juarez's office???? Maybe you can wait until the 13th to have it checked out. How much weight have you lost???? Maybe you are eating too fast...are you drinking 1/2 hour before or after eating or during meals? This is a no no. Email me. I will be in Phoenix all weekend. Joe is going to the races.
Most Active