Juarez use drain tube??

horizontallychallenged
on 10/31/06 10:37 pm
Any of you that have had Dr. Juarez as a surgeon, does he use drain tubes? What does he do on a "normal" and routine LAP RNY? How many holes did you have when you came out of surgery? I've only seen him one time and now I'm scheduled for surgery, am I suppose to see him again before the actual day? I'm not looking for you all to fill in for Dr. Juarez, I'm just trying to make sure I'm ahead of the eight-ball here and I have everything in my schedule book.
Darlene X
on 11/1/06 12:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't believe he uses any drains... maybe on odd occassion if needed.... but in a routine lap RNY, no he does not that I know of. Normal lap RNY will be 5 holes..... possibly 6 if your having your gall bladder taken out. A routine Lap RNY... They'll put your IV in, take you to the OR, put you to sleep--- breating tubes will be inserted after your asleep and removed before you wake. Essentially you will wake exactly the same as you went in --- cept you'll have mangled insides and some holes hehehe.
Linda S.
on 11/1/06 1:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Linda S.
on 11/1/06 2:09 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi there, Darlene can you tell me if Dr Fang put either you are EJ on a diet bewfore surgery? I am on a diet to shrink my liver, he says it will make the larpscopic surgery more do-able. I am so sorry he put me on it so late, like last Thursday. I will say I have not had a lot of luck sticking to it. I can not even get into my kitchen, and have been "hiding out" upstairs while new flooring is being put in. Now I only have 8 days before surgery, so I am trying very hard.
Darlene X
on 11/1/06 6:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Nope, neither of us had a pre-op diet (I was surpirised in Hubbys case cause he was 520lbs). Hubby did 3-4 days of liquids before hand by choice because he was so heavy and wanted his liver to shrink back some. All that was required of me was liquids the day before surgery, in preparation for the bowl prep etc. D
horizontallychallenged
on 11/1/06 8:14 am
GULP ... , not really, I'm excited about getting this done!! I've already had my gallbladder out without incident. What kind of a diet are you on to shrink your liver?
Linda S.
on 11/1/06 11:16 am - PHOENIX, AZ
It is high protein, low carb, small portions though. He also gave me a recipe for homemade protein drink, I am going to start that on Friday.
Most Active