My hair....

jinn
on 10/25/06 3:54 am - Mesa, AZ
Ok so I know I have seen post about hair lost before but didn't pay much attention, wish I would have!!! My hair is falling out.... how long does it "usually" last? I am starting to worry... I am drinking protien and taking vitamins.... I am really just wondering if for those who have expierenced hair loss....if it tends to grow back after a little while or does it stay this way? And my hair texture has changed a little too...any input on that as well??? I love my hair! I want to keep it...LOL
Darlene X
on 10/25/06 4:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
Girl, you haven't seen me recently! My hair is so thin! I think its started slowing now, and I have baby hairs growing. My sister in law who had surgery Jan 2005 has a head full of baby hairs, as it grows back in... Don't stress, it may thin but you won't go bald... Darlene
jinn
on 10/25/06 6:27 am - Mesa, AZ
Ok that's what I needed to hear.... I can handle going thin, but not bald! LOL.
sallyann
on 10/25/06 10:36 am - page, AZ
Im soooo glad you posted this question again. I had surgery 6.9.06 and my hair is falling out at a scary rate! gobs after each shower and hair is everywhere. I did take Sheryl Tillys advice and got some NIOXIN HAIR AND SCALP THERAPY. The Beautician said it works very well. Might not notice for a few shampoos but will surly notice within a week!! I HOPE SO What good is being thin if we have no hair ? heheheh good luck. I will let you know how this shampoo works. Thank goodness I had alot of hair to start with .. Sally
jinn
on 10/27/06 12:35 am - Mesa, AZ
Sally, I was lucky to have thick hair to begin with too!!! I will have to get some of that shampoo and see if it does improve my hair. Thanks for the advice... how much lbs. have you lost now? Jinn
JRinAZ
on 10/25/06 11:15 am - Layton, UT
Hey there cute Jinn! Long time no see you! How are things besides being "hairless"? Ouch! ..... Recommendaitons for hair loss: 1. Increase protein (over 100 grams daily) 2. Take Biotin (a form of vitamni B can be purchsed at Wal Mart for under $5.00). It's wafer thin little white tabs and you can take one in the morning and one in the evening. I still take them after being 4 years post-op cuz they help hair, skin AND nails. 3. Massage your scalp (or have hubby do it....mmmmmmm!) 4. Use Nioxin shampoo/cream rinse. (didn't help me but I tried it anyway) And....if those things don't help...then get a makeover and focus on shopping for smaller clothes! LOL! Hair loss usually occurs between 3 months to 9 months post-op. It not only will grow back but for the majority; it grows back thicker and healthier if protein and vitamins are part of your routine. .... Some comes back curley when it was straight and vice versa. Mine is thicker than it's ever been and my hairdresser whines when she has to foil it all!!!! Big Hugggzzzz to you! Joyce
Ayaunna
on 10/26/06 5:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Joyce, I just posted about vitamins too... any recommendations on multis? I'm afraid of hair loss too and swore I'd take my vitamins. BUT, I have liquid B-complex and muli-vitamin and I hate them!! Is it too early to take this Biotin? I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago. Please let me know! Thank you!
JRinAZ
on 10/26/06 12:14 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there sweetie! Ditch the liquids ! Ick! Blah! Ewwww!!!! .....There are bunches of chewables that aren't too bad (Centrum even has an adult cheable)......but, the Flintstones aren't your best bet.....I just bought a little grinder, put the powder on a spoon and put a drop of splenda and a drop of water on it and downed it. You'll be able to swallow in a few weeks and won't have to worry about it. I recommend the Walgreens multi vitamins when you can swallow. They are itty bitty little tablets that go down easy and the label reads equal to some of the more expensive name brand vite. Hang in there! .....Keep your protein high too! .....Some people do the same thing with protein powder as I did with vitamins. They just barely moisten a scoop and down it like they were taking something nasty like nyquil. ..... This phase seems like it takes forever but it will be long gone before you know it and you'll be able to swallow horse tabs again! Make sure you give us all your updates! You'll be posting your teeny tiny goal pictures before you know it! Big Hugggzzzz, Joyce
jinn
on 10/27/06 12:32 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey Joyce! Thanks for all the tips... I know I can always count on you! Besides hair loss things are good! Our whole family will be at Disneyland and Universal Studios next week! I am so excited that this year I don't have to worry about the rides being so uncomfortable! Also I need to call and reschedule Johnny for that appointment sometime soon, first he has to have a procedure done on his heart for an irregular EKG he had, scary but suppose to be a safe prcedure and looks like it is soemthing that is somewhat common.... so keep us in your prayers! He is going to have it done shortly after we get back from our vacation... I hope to make a support group meeting sometime soon... Tuesday are just so hard for me but I have decided to stop going to UOP ground campus and try and tackle my school online, we will see how that works out for me!! How are you and your family doing? Ready for the holidays??? Will there be any kind of holiday WLS event?? Take Care, Jinn
Most Active