Information please :)

Tammy D.
on 10/12/06 5:38 am - Arizona City, AZ
Hi, I've been looking into WLS for over a year now, I'm definately sure that it's what I want to do. It just seems that no sooner do I start to get things done then another medical problem pops up. I just had a few questions if anyone knew... 1. If you are in chronic pain (I ruptured 2 dics, have nerve pain and more) and are taking pain medications just to be able to function, are you still a candiate for WLS? 2. I have a condition called "costochondritis" which normally goes away in a few months or less, and seems to be chronic for me. It's pretty much inflammation of the tissue that connects your ribs to your sternum (Imagine having breathing deep feel like your chest is being ripped in two). Other than again the pain medication issue, since all other things like heart problems, lung problems have been ruled out can anyone see where that might be a problem? 3. Since the wife of a friend of my husbands who has the same insurance I do used Dr. Chaisson, and I liked him when I went to the seminar, I've chosen him, does anyone have any experiences with him? 4. I've given up on caffiene and soda completely. I'm working on making sure to chew everything very well (till mush). I'm having alot of trouble with not drinking while eating. I'm also having trouble with (and please don't make fun of me for this) stopping biting my nails, I know, gross, I dont even do it when I "know" I'm doing it, it's more of a stress reaction. Can you think of anything else that might be helpful to start working on, or any ideas on how to help with the drinking or nail biting? 5. Does anyone know of a Casa Grande support group? I'm willing to drive to Tucson if needed, but due to my chest pain (the costo) sitting in a car for an hour gets painful. 6. Any other advice/helpful information you can give me! Thanks ahead of time. My doctor knows this is what I want to do, and he fully supports my decision considering my medical history. I just put things off in wanting to make sure that nothing else was going on with my chest and wanted to get all the heart/lung problems ruled out. I'm sooo ready to push ahead. Again thanks! Tammy
JRinAZ
on 10/12/06 10:12 am - Layton, UT
Hey Tammy, I'll bet you find out at your consult that your medical issues are actually improved from weight loss; thus making your case for approval stronger. If you'd rather drive north than south to mix it up then you could join our Chandler Support Group. We have occasional Casa Grande folks as well as Maricopa friends. Good Luck! Joyce
Tammy D.
on 10/14/06 8:37 am - Arizona City, AZ
Thank you for the reply. I am a medical (as I put it) amusement park. I am borderline diabetic, I've ruptured my l4-l5-s1 discs in my back and had them fused, I'm dealing with costochondritis, along with being borderline diabetic, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and have been told I'm also probably insulin resistant. I'm also only 26. It's funny everyone I tell that I'm planning on getting WLS first comment is but you look fine the way you are. People don't understand I'm not doing this to LOOK better I want to FEEL better. I've been told over and over that loosing weight would probably completely get rid of my chance of diabetes, my PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) would probably reduce to the point that I could concieve, my back pain would definately reduce, the smaller chest is supposed to also help with the chest pain. It's kinda like that other side of the rainbow. I just have to get there. Right now it's getting the go ahead from my doc, he'll do the blood tests, the ultrasound, I've had 2 of the EKG's done lately because of my chest pain, and then I'll schedule my appointment. I'm trying to get as much done prior to being seen as I can, I just don't want to waste money only to find out that because of my colitis or pain meds that I can't have the surgery.
Most Active