I'm not so Pathetic!

msnd67
on 10/4/06 6:17 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi everyone, I haven't been going to the last couple Chandler support groups because I have been mixed up as far as what I should be doing. I don't know if any of you remember me but I was thinking of having a revision, because I had what I thought was the Rou-en-Y about 5 years ago and have gain back almost half my weight. I was feeling like "I'm so pathetic I can't loose weight no matter what" Well I finally got to see Dr. Fang and guess what I never had a Rou-en-y, the doctor I had miss lead me what he did was a vertical band, Dr. Fang said that surgery was performed back in the 70's and only had about a 50 % success rate. I guess I fall in that category. Well Dr. Fang is going to do an Endoscope on the 16th and he will find out what is going on inside my body (I have had a lot of problems). The moral of this story is "Just because a doctor can draw a picture of a Rou-en-y doesn't mean he can actually perform it"
Darlene X
on 10/4/06 7:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sandi, Now see... like Joyce said that meeting, sometimes things break... and it's not our fault. Your not a failure... your surgeon failed you. We'd love to see you come back! Dr Fang is a sweetheart and will take good care of you! Darlene
JRinAZ
on 10/4/06 11:51 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Sandi! Docs can make huge mistakes and none of us should ever consider ourselves a "mistake"!!! Glad you are in good hands and can udnerstand that the surgery/surgeon failed you.....and you did not fail yourself! .....Now, get your Tusedays all cleared for the 2nd and 4th nights of the month and come back to the Chandler group. You're not the only one getting your insides looked at, discussed and figured out! I guess I"ll be in line for either a revision or a lap band on my Rny some day soon! yay! .....It's hard enough making the right choices but when our "tool" is not functioning then it's like swimming up stream! Keep us posted and best of luck with your "fixing" process! Huggggz, Joyce
Callan
on 10/4/06 5:52 pm - Tucson, AZ
Dear Sandy, You are definitely not pathetic!!! .. You are a child of God and God doesn't make mistakes. our wrong choices do it to us. I like to call them my 'acts'. Acts are easy to clean up..just get out your little broom and do things for the 'good' of Sandy. All of us are in the same boat ..sometimes the waters are smooth and sometimes the waters are rocky...Please don't give up on yourself or get angry at what happened 5 years ago. I'm glad you are going to Dr Fang and sort things out. I am having my laprny in a week with Dr Juarez at St Lukes in Phoenix . About 18 years ago I lost 100 lbs through a weight loss franchise I owned, and kept it off for a long long time.. My heart jumps into my throat at having to start over but guess what? That's what life is all about isn't it? You fall down, you pick yourself up and keep on keeping on. If I had to attribute the most important factor in not keeping my weight off it would be that I stopped going to the support groups when I sold my center. I think support groups are the key. We have a marvelous group in Tucson called TUSWLS..and I plan 1st of all to attend the meetings. Good luck to you dear .. keep us posted. Hugs, Carole
Most Active