Protein Shakes

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/15/06 6:17 am - Tucson, AZ
Can the protein powder be mixed with water instead of milk? I have been having a problem with milk products no matter if I use 1% or skim or soy milk.
mgamine
on 9/15/06 7:24 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Becky I mix mine with water all the time. Thanks Michelle
JRinAZ
on 9/15/06 9:24 am - Layton, UT
Hey Rebecca, It is the opinion of the majority of protein experts that it should ONLY be mixed with water! Unless you are in your first 5 weeks post-op; you don't need the calories, carbs and natural sugar that is in milk. And, if you ARE in your first 5 weeks post-op then chances are you have some lactose intolerance associated with some of the early post-op side effects. Once you get used to the pure taste of the protein powders (after a little studying); then you can actually acquire a taste for it. I look forward to my protein drinks! LOL! I guess that makes me a Protein Pervert? (as referenced on other support sites). Kudos to you for getting in your protein! Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 9/15/06 10:38 am - Tucson, AZ
I drink 3-4 protein drinks per day at 22 months out. I believe in them. I believe in my protein...Unjury. It is expensive...but the results are in my success. I can not see how anybody can loose to goal and eat all their protein...they would be so far out of sight with calories........Sandy Remember if it is not whey isolate protein..........it's not worth not buying...not very absorable.
Arizona_Sun
on 9/17/06 2:05 am - Gilbert, AZ
I dump BIG time on the whey isolates (some of us do). I found that the hydrolyzed whey (Champion ProScore 100) is what was successful in bringing my protein levels up to a nice level. Sandy in Higley
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/15/06 10:52 am
Hi there I tried it in soy milk and did OK, but I am having trouble digesting protein. I switched to Profect, but the soy milk did not taste bad, and it is still within the limits since it is soy. Good luck with the protein issue. It was a tricky one for me, but I am feeling great now.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/15/06 2:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.
HarleyGirl
on 9/16/06 4:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Becky! I use water with my protein powders. Sometimes for a treat I will mix the vanilla with cyrstal lite or similar product orange flavor with ice and it makes it like an orane julius. Sometimes I blend up a little banana, or berries, p-nut butter to make different tastes. Like a "mad scientist" . Of course if the things I mention aren't in your criteria of food don't do it. These are just my thoughts on making this journey fun, and I still like my food fun Paula Open 4/1/4 330/195 25 to go!
Most Active