Going through the steps...

drich
on 9/15/06 6:02 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Lap Band on 12/18/06 with
Wow. I can't believe this is actually happening...I know you all felt that at one point or another. Seems like just yesterday I was on here looking for a PCP to help support me in all this, and now I'm scheduled for my EGD on thursday. I have already had the ultra sounds, the blood work, the EKG, met with the surgeon, dietician and trainer...Now all thats left is the psych eval, and results from my last pap/mammogram. Its all happening so fast, and I couldnt be more excited! I'm a little nervous about this 2 week protein shake diet pre-op...any advice on that? (I'm getting the Lap-band) I can't wait to join the ranks of you "big losers" out there! Darci
HarleyGirl
on 9/16/06 1:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Darci, welcome to the board. I don't have much advice about the lap-band, but I wanted to say hi to another Maricopa person! There are several of us out here who have had WLS. I can tell you don't be nervous, keep focused on the goals you have set for yourself to live a healthy life. I am 2 1/2 yrs post op and have not regretted one minute of my decision. Take care, good luck and maybe I will see you around town! Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/195 still working at 20 lbs!
K B (Tucson)
on 9/16/06 1:46 am - Tucson, AZ
I have the lapband and have lost over 100 lb in just under 10 months. It is a great wl tool. Every doc has a different pre-op diet. If yours requires 2 weeks liquid protein, then do it. It will NOT be easy, but the rationale is that the diet helps shrink the fat layer on your liver, helps you prepare for the post-op recovery diet phase and tells a bit about your willingness to comply with doc instructions. Decreasing the fat on the liver is supposed to lead to a less compicted surgery. The doc may have given you ideas abdout which protein drinks available, if not email me and I can help you. Probably the most easily available are Carnation Instant Breakfast or Slim Fast Optimum. Many others can be bought on line. Good luck.
Most Active