Support Report for 09/12

Darlene X
on 9/14/06 5:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, Joyce has been bugging me for a support report... so I'll try!!! Ive been really busy this week and haven't had much time to do anything! Chandler Support Group on Tuesday was amazing, I don't know how Darlene & EJ do it, and they are the most awesome support groupers EVER! They are so great!!! Ok off that bandwagon, I'm sure I sound really humble huh? We had a good talk about snacking, the benefits, making good choices, and the pitfalls of snacking! Pam hunted us down for our 7-7-7 weigh in! Too bad Joyce wasn't there for us to chase with the scale... In honor of our beloved Dawn who left us for IL, I wore a pair of her pants to group! You were with us in "pants" Dawn! hehe I wrote down all the names of everyone there, BUT lost that... so lets try from memory.... and I think in total we lost upwards of 1100 lbs! I'll start with the most important hehe Darlene & EJ: Fabulous as always, actually EJ is looking super hot at -240lbs. Marlene & Hubby: We were so very sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. Our prayers go out to you! Hang in there! Your such a cute and amazing couple! Cathy: Thanks so much for visiting our group, we sure hope you'll be back and were expecting to hear an Angel update on how Ellen's surgery went! Ellen: Only ONE day to go!! Many prayers and well wishes coming your way for a safe and uneventful surgery tomorrow. Pam: How do you always look so amazing? Glowing as always! Wayne: CONGRATS on the insurance approval, you will have a date before we know it!!!! I'm sure you will be smothered by angels like Chuck was! We love our Chandler WLS men hehe. Lupe: Thanks for coming; your looking great and we hope you join us again! Renee: I know you have so many questions as your researching this journey, what better place than a support group to come and get questions answered! I hope we were of some help, and you felt welcome! Karen: My fabulous American Mother who actually showed up for our meeting--even if she was a little late (Glares at Joyce). You did an awesome job when Pam put you on the spot... not so shy anymore huh? Blanche & Hubby: Looking good! I hope your trip back home is good, and you get everything done that is needed.... Blanche your melting away! Gil: Looking good!!!! I always enjoy having dinner with you. You looked amazing, even if the weight only rearranged itself; it still made you look awesome. Chuck: WOW!!!!! I still swear you skipped a few meetings on purpose just so you could come in and have everyone's jaws drop at how much weight you've lost! Congrats on your new grandbaby too! Jeanna: Amazing weight loss!!! You're looking great! I'm lucky I get to see you shrinking almost everyday at work otherwise I may not have recognized you!!! Kathy: Though late, we are so glad you could make some of the meeting and not just dinner ...hehe. You're always so cute and full of great input! Sorry if I missed anyone!!!!! For those who couldn't make it, we missed you! Amber, where were you girl? Jinn, you missed our meeting? Sheesh! LOL Joyce... Ive already given you a hard time, I'll figure a way for you to make it up! Sarah, hope your doing well! And anyone else... Next meeting is 09/26.... So put it down in your calendars...
BOBINA
on 9/14/06 10:41 am - mesa, AZ
SERIOUSLY ... DARLENE & E.J. Did a great job!!! We did manage to sample some better snacking choices .. peperoni chips , little s.f. merangues, and Soy crisps to satisfy the snackers , and help keep up protein levels .. We also talked about mindfull eating , make sure to stop drinking prior to snacking. Drinking water to starve off the snackers binge. Anyone know whats the HOt Topic for the next meeting ??? Wish me luck as I attend my 2 month follow up on Monday the 18th -- see you all in 2 weeks ... a few pounds lighter .
JRinAZ
on 9/15/06 9:04 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Jeanna, Julie P was scheduled but she'll have loads of company around for her son's wedding reception. So, we swapped and I'll be doing it. Topic: EXERCISE is NOT a 4 letter word!!!! ....Fun hikes, runs, walks, etc in Phoenix and other ideas to pump it up, tone it up and rev it up!!!! PLUS....Clothing Exchange for the upcoming Holidays! Do you find you need some Fall clothes, work attire, Holiday clothing, etc? Bring your very nicest outgrown clothing (not more than 10 pieces) to share with someone who may need it. Be prepared to take home anything that is not claimed that evening!!!! The hospital will not want it left and I will not want to haul it to my car! Good luck on your upcoming apopintment!!!! Huggggz, Joyce
JRinAZ
on 9/15/06 8:34 am - Layton, UT
Darlene, Thanks for the GREAT Supoprt Report! It sounds like it was packed with great folks and loaded with great tips and info!!!!! Do you have any extra handouts or recipes you can share with me at the next meeting? Huggggz to you, Joyce
BOBINA
on 9/15/06 11:17 pm - mesa, AZ
Joyce Sounds good to me .. As for the leftover clothes - I will be happy to take them. a friend is working for a womens shelter and they are in need of clothes. I would be happy to drop them off. Miss Darlene juust threw 7 bags my way !
Most Active