Anyone checked on Debbie Nunley

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/13/06 2:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Debbie had a revision on 12 Sep and I was curious as to how she was doing.
debrahn
on 9/16/06 12:12 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Thanks for asking. I just got out of the hospital a couple hours ago. My experience was pretty bad as far as St. Lukes goes. My sister is in the medical field and she says there is such a dire shotage of nurses that the care isn't the best. My revision was done open so I was more dependent on the hospital staff than most. I wold advise having help lined up at the hospital. I have never left so alone or helpless in my life. !!! Up until the morning of surgery, My revision was being done lap - DR. Juarez informed me otherwise Tues.right before my surgery. He said I was a mess inside - lots of scar tissue - my pouch and stomach had not been sectioned off and only 70cm had been bypassed. He basically redid everything - new pouch, smaller ring an a total of about 200 cm pypassed. Hope that's not too much - I'm a light weight. I started having problems with my lungs the 2nd day so they had to take me off much of the equipment so I was able to walk by myself. My temp was 102 - 104 for a couple days - pumped a ton of antibotics into me. I walked, walked and then walked some more and used my little machine to work my lungs. Finally, Thursday night I was given something that knocked me out for about 36 hours. I then started getting better. I weighed 197 when I went into the hospital and 200 when I was discharged - bummer! Lots of fluid. Would I do it again? You bet! Except that I would line up more help for the hospital. I don't ever want to go through anything like that alone. Debbie
JRinAZ
on 9/16/06 3:30 pm - Layton, UT
Debbie, That's great that you are on the "healing" side of the experience. I'm sorry you had to go through a major "open" surgery though....that will be a longer recovery for sure. Maybe sometime when you get your strength back, you could shoot me a private e-mail? I am getting an appointment (as suggested by Kelly at St Luke's) with Dr. Fang or Juarez to talk about a revision. I have been scoped and have been found to be wide open with my stoma so gaining weight is pretty much inevitable in my future. I've been fighting it with weighing and measuring and lots of exercise but I feel hungry all the time and pannicked. I don't want to wait until I've regained enough weight to qualify for surgery all over again. I'd like to tackle the "fix" while I"m still within my healthy weight range. I've got an appt to have schlero injectiions to try and fix it but have done a lot of research and that seems to have failed with the majority of people. Anyway,....I'm rambling ....but, I'm just interested in hearng from you and maybe others who have had a revision with Dr. Fang or Juarez? Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll be pounds lighter soon and feeling great! Huggggz, Joyce
Most Active