Wellbuterin

Linda S.
on 9/10/06 2:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Has anyone taken this anti-depressant after surgery? Was it hard going down? I had this doctor tell me it was crushable, and right on the bottle, it says do not cru**** is the SR kind. Thanks
Nicole W.
on 9/10/06 11:49 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I guess it depends on your surgeon and how you feel after the surgery... I take Ambien CR (control release) from time to time to help me sleep. My surgeon told me that right after the surgery I probably should take it since its a control release it shouldn't be crushed. Maybe check with your pharmacist and ask your doc again.
Linda S.
on 9/10/06 4:48 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Duh, smile thanks Nicole. Since I now have a wonderful new doctor...Dr.Abarikwu, thanks for the advice, she is great, I will ask her tomorrow. They are just waiting fo the two test results to be sent to Colene, and I will have my surgery date. I am a little nutsy, since it is becoming real...smile.I am also grateful to have passed the cardio, and the pulmonologist.
Linda S.
on 9/11/06 4:09 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole, thanks for referring me to my new doctor. She is great.
Nicole W.
on 9/11/06 9:54 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I am glad you like her... she is a great woman! I can hug and kiss her everytime I see her!
horizontallychallenged
on 9/10/06 5:18 pm
You can't, well you shouldn't break the tablet apart. Wellbutrin is a tablet that doesn't desolve completely to work. It is a small sponge, you will pass it through in your bowel movement. All the medication has worked itself through and out of the sponge so if you break it open you won't get the longer relief time, you'll get a lot of meds right away. Do some research on wellbutrin, it talks about this on their websites.
Linda S.
on 9/10/06 5:29 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks. I looked for a liquid but did not see one on their site. I just wondered if it is too big to swallow after the operation. Now I have new doctor that is excellent, so I will find out tomorrow.I have left the doctor who told me it could be crushed, just one more reason I am glad I left him.
BIG F.
on 9/11/06 12:05 am - chandler, AZ
My DR told me the rule of thumb for pill size is: If it's bigger than a M&M (plain not peanut) then crush or break. Good Luck Lamont
victorious711
on 9/11/06 9:00 am - flagstaff, AZ
I had to take a horse pill right aftermy surgery (for 10 days) and did fine. It was for a UTI I got while in the hospital. I was floored that he wanted me to take a pill that large, no lie it was at least 1/2 an inch long caplet thing. But I did it and was fine. I still take 3 meds twice a day and two of them are large caplet like pills and have no probs (1 month out) and I've taken them since before I had surgery. Just FYI
Linda S.
on 9/11/06 4:37 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Seems like I can take it without a problem.Thanks for all the input. Well guys, I am getting closer and closer to that brass ring, I expect to hear of my surgery date by Friday...fingers crossed. Victoria, are you feeling any better? I love Willie Nelson, but now everytime I think about him, your version of "You were always on my mind", comes into my head!
Most Active