Icky Food

CKoehlerGMa
on 9/7/06 8:05 am
:-( I need help or advice. My surgery was July 21st. My problem is that the food choices we were given are starting to make me nautious. Poultry and fish are only good for awhile and then get old. I have tried the soy meat and it is ok but there is not alot you can do with that since there are no cards on the current plan. I know this will expand eventually but I need advice now. I am beginning to feel like I don't want to eat at all. Don't worry I do eat anyway :-) Any suggestions?
Melissa P
on 9/8/06 1:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Claudette, Have you tried cheese sticks or refried beans and cheese? I also like scrambeled eggs with low fat cheese on the top. Dannon fit n light yogurt is great also. I love the peach and blueberry ones. Just a few suggestions. Did you have your surgey at Scottsdale Bariatric? It kind of sounds like their food plan that you have been following. Good luck with the food. Melissa
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/8/06 1:17 am
Hi Melissa You guessed it right, Scottsdale Bariatric did my surgery. I appreciate your suggestions but unfortunately the foods you named are the foods that I am having trouble eating. However, I have managed to find a couple things. I do like the cottage doubles, the cottage cheese with fruit. I have also found that the imitation crab and lobster bites tatse good with lemon on them. I tried these foods last night, so I know I just have to keep trying. Thanks for your help, it is good to know I am not the only person who has gone thru post surgery issues.
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/06 2:45 pm - avondale, AZ
I too am planning surgery at Scottsdale Bariatric... sounds like I better start taking notes now on what I can eat. Is their diet program really that bad? YIKES... :-D
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/10/06 9:25 am
Hi there :-) Scottsdale is strict but not impossible to do. I was just having trouble eating the same things over and over. I need to be more creative. The first month is nothing but proteins. Then later they will add fruits and veggies and all that. After 4 months lots of other things will get added as well. You will find, if you are like me, that your tastes will change. Things you love now will not taste the same. Just keep in mind that it all takes time, and in the end the result is worth everything you do to get there. Follow what they tell you and you will be fine. Good Luck on the surgery. It is a decision I would make all over again if I had to. I have never felt better.
mmswarowski
on 9/9/06 1:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Oh Claudette, I so know where you are coming from....I am so sick of this food, I would rather give it up all together. But like you I will just keep plugging along.....hope you find some great stuff to eat...and make sure you share! m
CKoehlerGMa
on 9/9/06 1:55 am
Good Morning Thanks for the reply. So far I have come up with three new things, Cottage Doubles, imitation crab and lobster bites with lemon, and grilled portabello mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar and grilled with a bit of olive oil, I use the PAM olive oil spray, to keep them from sticking. I will keep trying new things. By the way, if anyone is struggling to get protein down I have found Profect to be the answer for me for two reasons: 1- It has a more pleasing tatse and: 2- it is only 2.9 ounces so even if you aren't in the mood for protein it is easier to get down that small amount. I see they have ads for it on the web page.
MacArthurBug
on 9/13/06 2:03 am - KY
Well.. For me, and mind you it's just me - I like boca burger. It breaks up nicely for "soft" food stage, and cooks nicely for later on. I've only tried the philly cheesesteak flavor so far, but I'm gonna try more later. I like this stuff, decent on the protien and over all tasty enough to take away from the yawn factor of fish and poltry.
Most Active