DIETICIAN?? WHERE??

horizontallychallenged
on 8/26/06 2:40 pm
I have EVERYTHING but a letter from a dietician! I need ONE VISIT to a dietician and I can't find one. I need to have it done by Sept. 1st!! Why is this so hard to do? UHHHHHH!! The Nutritionists I talked to didn't know what I was talking about, they all said "go to a care home or the hospital" or "they're the ones doing the menu approvals at the hospital". None of the Nutritionists will see me for one visit, they want to make it a big, drawn out process and see if they can talk me OUT OF SURGERY!!!!! UHHHHHH!! It's not like I just woke up FAT, it didn't come as a suprise, I've been this way for 20+ years. I've even taken 2 semesters of nutrition. I know what is good and bad, I just need a letter saying that I saw a dietician or nutritionist. Now that I've been MESSING AROUND for so long trying to get everything in order, my psych eval expired!! I had to get another one!! They are only good for 1 year with my doctor. UHHHHH!!! That does it!! GIVE THE THE DONUT AND NOBODY GETS HURT!!!
karen_n_az
on 8/26/06 2:51 pm - Thatcher, AZ
I'm getting my appointment done at my local WIC office. The nutritionist there was also my teacher for nutrition at EAC. Get this... its a secret... shhh.. She doesn't charge anything. Maybe you could make a call there locally for yourself.
horizontallychallenged
on 8/26/06 3:23 pm
OH, What a good idea!! I'll call them Monday morning! Thank you for the tip. Did you get my email about the psychologist?
karen_n_az
on 8/26/06 3:40 pm - Thatcher, AZ
Oy yes, I just checked my mail. Thank you! I am trying to find a psych that will take my insurance and one that someone has had a personal experiance with. I called and found out that it is around 350.00 for me to have it done here in town. It's really all I have left to do. I wanted to have surgery in December. I'm pretty flexible. I have alreay made up my mind that if I have to, I will put off starting the RN program for a semester to get the surgery. thanks again!
horizontallychallenged
on 8/27/06 1:00 am
My insurance covers everything but the psych evaluation, they won't cover that. The doctor will give you something to submit to your insurance. I called so many Psychologists, she was the lowest price I found. What did your letter say from the Dietician? I'm trying to figure out what is needed in my letter.
Sheryl Tilley
on 8/27/06 4:18 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi under! My dietician was Betsy Friendenauer at Yavapai Regional Medical Center in Prescott. I went three times to her over a 6 month period. She was great! Very supportive. Sheryl
horizontallychallenged
on 8/27/06 5:10 am
Hello Sheryl, I'll call her Monday, thank you for the info. Pam recommended contacting the WIC office, they have dieticians there too. It's covered by insurance for me, I just have to find someone YESTERDAY! Well, last Friday. I still don't know what I'm suppose to get them to write in my letter, what did she write for you?
horizontallychallenged
on 8/27/06 6:16 am
Oh, I'm sorry, it was KAREN that recommended WIC. Sorry Karen I hate when that happens!!
Most Active