Chandler Support Report 8/22

JRinAZ
on 8/22/06 3:56 pm - Layton, UT
I'm pooped but will shoot out a quick report while a few thoughts are still left in my head! Our turnout was GREAT!!!! New faces, familiar faces and returning faces from long ago!!!! ....and...what a great bunch of sharing!!! In attendance tonight: Pam, Wayne, Jeanna, Lori, Blanche and her handsome hubby, Sandi, Ellen, Cyndee, Jinnifer, Sarah, Karen, Darlene, E.J., Ginger, Dianna, Gil, Dawn, Christine, Cynthia, Kathy and Joyce!!!! We all listed things that we have been able to experience as a result of our Weight Loss Surgery. They included: Cross Legs New Career Health 1/2 Marathon Blood Pressure Down Drop Meds Fit in stadium seats Run up stairs get into smaller shirts go hiking and fishing get compliments about being skinny from kids shop in regular stores for regular sizes have to re-introduce yourself to old friends Not have to use walker Off of oxygen Eliminate pain wiggle room in the theatre seats have more confidence get a new job position polish toe nails be a more energetic/flexible Grandma Fit in a booth at a restaurant get rid of sleep apnea Sit in the center airline seat without a seatbelt extender, with the lap tray down, legs crossed and have a lap top computer on top! Have a New Outlook on the future and all the possibilities!! And.........some of the goals that our group has are: Pregnancy (so Jim doesn't faint......just know that this was NOT on my list! he he he !) No More Big Stomach 1/2 marathon play basketball Ride a Bike Go Horseriding Be More Athletic Go on a Cruise Re-duce Co-pays get Healthy Hike the Grand Canyon go to Disneyland and ride all rides Lose enough weight that eldely mother notices it Look great in a GRASS skirt in Hawaii! (and wear the coconut shells too ) Softball Country Dancing Our group tonight lost 1,687.5 pounds (before 3 of them arrived) for an average of 105 pounds per person!!!!! Wow!!! We went to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ where a big huge long L shaped table of us ordered mostly from kids meals. ....We had a giggle at the end of the night when the gals at the newbie end (under 3 months post-op) all took half of their kid's meals home while those of us at the grad's end tucked our "oreos" in our purse to give to our kid's later *wink, wink* and didn't even need a take out box!!!! It's definitely a learning experience to see folks at the different stages. ....Thank Heaven's Pam has given us a challenge to lose 7 % of our weight by October 7th!.....Maybe we'll be leaving our oreos at the restaurant and getting take out boxes for half of our kid's meals between now and then! Let's get serious! I think Pam has quite a long list of competetors on her program. SHe even cornered most of them for an official weigh-in. ...... Of course I left them in the dust as I "RAN" quickly away from the scale. What can I say? I've always been afraid of scary things! LOL! Sweet lil Sarah gave us a group thank you note that I tucked in my purse and forgot to read out loud to the group....So, everyone who chipped in on her goodie bag that went to the hospital with "Angel Kathy H"....a big thank you from Sarah! And.......let me just say that tonight was sadly the last time that Dawn will be with us officially in person. Dawn...I want you to know that you are a joy! You have kindness and ***** that balances to make such a Fun and caring package! You will be sooooooooooooooooooooooo very missed dear friend! Jus Look forward to your move to Chicago as a grand adventure and know that your winning personality will surely find you many new friends in your future! Stay in touch with us and visit when you can! KNow that we love you to pieces and wish you a lifetime of happiness! Just remember your roots and that you did bunches of "melting in Arizona" with people who love you dearly! Big Huggggz to you! Joyce and all P.S.....Circle the 2nd Tuesday of September..........the very *****y, creative and wild twosome: Darlene and E.J. will be facilitating our support meeting!!!!! Holy Cow! I'm sure they'll be shaking us up!
aashley
on 8/23/06 2:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Joyce, My name is Alissa Ashley. I am post -op surgery about 2 years. i was going to a support group in Scottsdale but it has fallen apart and i am looking for a new group. Just wanted to see if there is room in your group to join, when you meet and if there is a cost. I look forward to hearing fro you. Thanks. :0
jinn
on 8/24/06 2:26 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Alissa! I think Joyce left for vacation and won't be posting for a little while.... We meet the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at Chandler Hospital from 6:00pm - 7:30pm and then go out to dinner afterwards. We have a great time! And there is no cost! Joyce always post directions and more info when it is close to the meeting! I hope this helps and I hope you join us! The Chandler support group is a really really special group of people! And they also have a group board on yahoo... search under Chandler WLS and you should be able to find it.... Take Care Jinn
Darlene X
on 8/24/06 8:23 am - Maricopa, AZ
Jinn Sweety! You could show up on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday if you wanted, but no one would be there LOL Try the 2nd & 4th Tuesday LOL
Darlene X
on 8/24/06 8:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
Alissa, I need to correct Jinn's comments... The Chandler Support group meets the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month-- the next meeting will be on September 12th--- Hubby and I are running it, you should deffinately come!!!!! (Not the 1st & 3rd) Tisk Tisk Jinn, you know better! LOL No cost, and there is PLENTY of room for you!!!!!!!!!!! Darlene
jinn
on 8/24/06 8:27 am - Mesa, AZ
LOL!!!!!!!! I tried! Sorry Alissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuteluckydragon
on 8/24/06 4:17 pm - chandler, AZ
Where are the support groups held?
Darlene X
on 8/24/06 10:40 pm - Maricopa, AZ
It's at Chandler Regional Hospital (Dobson & Frye) You go in the main entrance, take the elevators which are a little bit in and on your right to the basement level. Turn left and walk around a little to Conference room 1 & 2... 6pm-7.30pm, the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month. Then after we go out to dinner, so if you want to come you can Darlene
Most Active