Scotts.Bariatric-Dr.Messner-problems??

KT300
on 8/19/06 5:46 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I have been approved for surgery on appeal by my. ins. and Scotts. Bariatric, but am waiting for the psychologist Dr. Messner to approve me??? Anyone had similar experience, wondering how long I have to be in therapy for him to sign off for surgery? Thanks!
Nicole W.
on 8/20/06 10:55 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Katie, My advise would be, the next time you meet with him, ask him. He seems to be a nice guy... if he has concerns about your health, I am sure its for your own safely. I know how anxious your are! Good Luck! ~Nicole
KT300
on 8/23/06 5:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Nicole! I spoke with him on Monday and he said my file is with Noreen and she just needs a few sentences from my therapist which she said fine too, she's been very supportive, so will give them a ring tomorrow and see if we're ready to go. Saw your post that Kohler is leaving too, wonder how far out she's booking? Do you go to the support groups? Take care, Katie
Nicole W.
on 8/24/06 5:57 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Katie, I am scheduled for 10/30, so I am sure they are out until November now. But I didn't ask because I was so excited to be approved! I do try to go to the support groups... I wont be able to attend until 10/18, the Wednesday one thou. Because I am in training for the next 6 weeks, so I cannot get my evenings off at this time. I hope you get a date soon! P.S... I will say it again, but Dr. Messner (Buddy)... hubba hubba! hehe!
BOBINA
on 8/21/06 12:53 am - mesa, AZ
Where are you at in the process with him ? I personally thought Buddy was great ... I Just talked to him and let him know how much I wanted this surgery - I was open and honest - best way to be with any doctor .
KT300
on 8/23/06 5:48 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Jeanna, Just waiting for Noreen to give me a ring! (See above) R U scheduled yet?
Most Active