I have a surgery date now... I want to chicken out.... AGAIN...

cj29
on 7/28/06 6:47 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I was approved in 07/04 for WLS in San Antonio, Texas and was scheduled for surgery 07/14/04. I recieved a promoion to come out to PHX and chose to forget about the surgery and come here. Now, two years later, I'm heavier then ever and I'm so unhappy. I am so scared because of the "Risks" or what if's that could & do happen. I do not want to pass away and leave my 3.5 year old. Yet, I know this surgery will increase my quality of life and assist me to regain my health. I am so conflicted and worried. Any advise from you guru's out there? Thanks! Carrie
sallyann
on 7/28/06 11:25 pm - page, AZ
I struggled with that conflict..but came to the notion that I would surely get more unhealthy with time if I do nothing. After much research and soul searching I decided that WlS was the answer for me. Its much safer now and the results are unbelievable. Sometimes i just have to have faith and make the leap. I knew I wasnt happy and healthy doing it the way I was doing it. Im now 7 weeks post op and doing well. Im still learning how to eat and what to eat but if thats as bad as it gets im ok with it! I know that with time it gets easier. I have read so many awesome and inspiring posts on this website. Good luck with your decision. and I wish the best for you with whatever you decide to do. Sally
BIG F.
on 7/29/06 3:48 am - chandler, AZ
I had the same conflict, but I gave it all to a higher power. Then days before surgery I saw a sign that said FEAR THEN FAITH THEN DO IT. I felt my higher power made that sign just for me because I was in a part of town that I NEVER go to. Now I'm 3 weeks post op down 30 lbs. That's what worked for me. Good Luck with your decision Lamont
Most Active