LAPBAND & REGAINING WEIGHT????

Candi Y.
on 7/25/06 3:28 am - Cottonwood, AZ
First off, you have all been so helpfull with all my questions, THANK YOU ALL!!! Was wondering if say in 5 years I was to start gaining weight back witha lapband, can't I just go in for a fill????????? With Bypass what can you do!! Thanks again everyone, I need help so bad, but I am so afraid of ANY surgery!!
JRinAZ
on 7/25/06 4:15 am - Layton, UT
We have to find yet another diet plan......increase our hours at the gym and maybe check with our docs to see if we need a revision!!!! .....and, wish we could go get a fill !!!! Yup! I'm living it right now! I'm almost 4 years post-op and am working my bumsky off with a zero carb lifestyle and lots of gym time. It's definitely healthy but I long for the days when I was in the honeymoon period of Rny and could focus on something other than counting carbs and calories! I still have some restriction but not nearly that of a newbie. Good luck to you with your decision. It's an important one! Joyce
K B (Tucson)
on 7/25/06 6:58 am - Tucson, AZ
The beauty of the band is that it is adjustable and yes, if you start regaining weight, the band can be adjusted. You will still need to be very aware of what you eat every day for the resto fo your life, but the band is great. I have lost about 94 lb in 8 months and am getting very close to "ideal" weight. My rate of weight loss is only a bit slower than if I had gotten a bypass.
ConnieS
on 7/26/06 6:43 am - Northern, AZ
Candi, Since it sounds like you're leaning toward LapBand surgery, be sure to go to the LapBand message board here on Obesityhelp.com. There are lots of very experienced bandsters there, including a lapband surgeon who posts periodically, and a nurse who has the lapband herself. You will get tons of helpful answers to any question you post. Not that people here won't help you, but there is more personal experience with the band there. Connie
Most Active