Lap-Band Support in the East Valley

jenniebr
on 7/20/06 9:54 am - queen creek, AZ
I am wondering if any one is interested in starting a support group for lap-banders (RNY patients are welcome too) in the East Valley. Especially any former "WISH" Patients. I have heard from a few former WISH patients that they would be interested in this. You don't have to be a WISH patient to participate. Please email me and let me know what you would be interested in. Thanks, Jen
JRinAZ
on 7/21/06 5:02 am - Layton, UT
Hi Jen! A Lap Band Support Group sounds like a great idea! I know the chatter is so different between post-ops of differenty surgery types. Some of us are so righteous about our surgery choices that we don't open our minds to other's deciisions. (Yup, I've been one of them!!!!).....The Chandler Support Group has opened themselves to everyone from all programs and all surgery types and we've had many types come through our doors. But, I know that being in the majority would be more rewarding than listening to the majority (who are Rny proximal). Let me know if you get something started and Ill advertise you on the Chandler site. We have had lap banders from Dr. Simpson attend our group. Some have enjoyed it and one felt like she was not made to feel welcome. That made me sad so I'm trying harder to encourage "open mindedness". Happy losing to you and your super Lap Band friends! Joyce
Kathleen H.
on 7/21/06 6:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Jen, I'm not banded yet but I will be (soon??) by Dr. Simpson. I live in Mesa and would like to have something on this side to go to when I'm banded. Keep me on the list of "yes" people! Thanks for the great idea!! Kathleen
jenniebr
on 7/21/06 9:54 am - queen creek, AZ
Thanks for the support! I have several reasons for wanting this. First, We need support and to give support! I have heard from a few others in private emails, so I hope to get something going in the next couple of weeks. I have no objections to anyone attending. I just know from my own experience, some meetings may leave lap-band patients a little bored. I would hope anyone needing any support would feel welcome. Lets face it we are all here for the same reason! I am hoping to find a location that would work for most, I know I can't please everyone. BUT I am willing to try. I have heard from gilbert, tempe, mesa and apache junction so I have a lot to think about. The other reason is..... Some of us former WISH patients that spent money for support that we never received, want support. Now the new office wants to charge us AGAIN, and lets face it, We have lost trust so we will band together and support one another. I will update everyone and post when I get more info, Thanks, Jen
Most Active