Recovery

kayjaybee
on 7/19/06 8:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi friends, I'm having surgery three hours away from where I live and just found out my sister will not be able to be with me for my surgery Aug 16. My mom will be watching my kiddos back home in Tucson and I have told no one else about my surgery (friends or co-workers). This is the first surgery I've had that I won't have continuous "in person" support and I'm so nervous. Due to my husbands bizarre job, he cannot guarantee the days he'll be able to go up to Phoenix and hang out with me - only that he'll be there at some point. Has anyone else gone through the surgery "alone"? I have all the emotional support in the world but sometimes there's no substitute for that shoulder to panic on. Thanks y'all, K
Darlene X
on 7/19/06 9:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im sorry!!! If I could take any time off work I would come help you get through it!!! Maybe there is someone here who can help out.... it is a scary thing to do alone, but Im sure you would be fine. The first day after surgery I didnt want anyone around anyway--- I just slept, Hubby left for home...
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/06 9:28 am - AZ
Do you have an angel? If you would like one I'm sure someone from this site would be willing to help. Are you having your surgery in Phoenix? Good luck! Elizabeth
kayjaybee
on 7/19/06 9:56 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Darlene... here's hoping I do a lot of sleeping too! Elizabeth, Yes I'm having my surgery at St. Lukes and no, I don't have an angel. Diana was kind enough to schedule me for the mandatory pre-op stuff the day before so I'll be up there Tuesday morning with my surgery to follow on Wednesday morning. I know I'm making the right decision but dang... a surgery out of town, refusing to tell friends and most family and my husband's crazy railroad job is making this feel a bit overwhelming. Thanks for your friendship! K
mmswarowski
on 7/19/06 10:08 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi, Sorry I can't get to Phoenix, but if you need anything at all when you get back to Tucson, you let me know. You can email me from my page. Good Luck with your surgery. Maryellen
JRinAZ
on 7/19/06 11:14 am - Layton, UT
Oh my gosh! I've got the 16th of August circled on my calendar! .....You'll probably end up with the hospital door swining both directions with the line up of "support" from all of us! You'll be fine! ....You're a bit of a zombie out of surgery anyway and the nurses "can" be very understanding; especially is they know the cir****tances ahead of time (hint, hint) Keep us posted on details sweetie pie! Joyce
lemarie22
on 7/19/06 11:45 am - Glendale, AZ
I'll be glad to be your angel. I work downtown and St. Luke's isn't too far away. I completely understand the the significant other with a crazy work schedule problem. Mine just informed me that he has to work on my birthday and I'm trying to figure out if killing him will make me feel better. E-mail the pertinent info like name, time, etc. and I'll be there for you. Just sit back and let me panic for you. Connie
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/20/06 3:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ditto! I just had my surgery, but I'd be happy to come visit a little bit after work. I know how scary it can be.. My mom flew in to be with me, but only came to the hospital for a few hours every day and the rest of the day I either slept, or was bored out of my mind! Let me know when you'll be and the visiting hours and I'll come check in on you. You'll be great!
kayjaybee
on 7/20/06 12:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Oh my.... I'm eternally grateful for the support and love. Thank you just isn't enough. Wow - nuff said. Connie - You'll be my angel? Thank you thank you!! I'm in good hands now. I'll email you in the next couple days with the scoop. Hugs and much thanks, K
LeAnne G.
on 7/23/06 12:48 pm - Goodyear, AZ
I'm having surgery the same day at the same hospital. It would be my pleasure to send anyone who comes to see me your way! Maybe we could go for a walk together down the hall
Most Active