Need Ideas !!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 4:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
I need some more ideas to help me make it to Tuesday !!! I am feeling a little better each day. I stop taking loritab because of the horrible nausea and dizziness. I am taking tylenol after i cut them up of course. I am just so weak have no energy or strength and I am very bored. I am going for a car ride today just to get out of the house. I will keep posting and taking it day by day. I hate the taste of the jellos and dont like the broths. Only found one tea I can stand. Just mainly drinking cold cold water. If it is not cold it is yuck also. I am dying for some flavor.
lemarie22
on 7/16/06 5:25 am - Glendale, AZ
Jeremy, Even though it's been almost 2 1/2 years, I remember very well being at the stage you are at now. Diluted Crystal Lite was a life saver for me. I couldn't stand the taste of it full strength, but I loved it when it was made with almost twice the water that the package called for. It seems that everything tasted too strong. Sugar free popscicles were another great treat. Actually sugar free fudgescicles were my fav. As for the boredom, I got bags of broken glass from Michael's and some scrap glass from a stained glass store and spent hours glueing pieces of glass to the top of an old patio table. It didn't take much thought or strength and I now have a beautiful glass mosaic table on my patio. In fact, a woman with an art gallery came over a couple of months ago and offered to sell it in her store. This is going to pass in a little while and be a distant memory. Connie
jinn
on 7/16/06 6:58 am - Mesa, AZ
When I was released they said that the first 2 weeks was clear liquids and that included cream soups.... I don't know if it is different for you at Scottsdale but I lived on cream of chicken - soup at hand container... it is very good! Much better tasting than the regular cream of chicken.... For bordom I just did small things around the house that I could do easily or watched movies and went for walks when I was feeling up for it.... And I too love Crystal light.... I have always loved that stuff and the popsicles too! I like the sugar-free tropical popsicles.... I still have those around all the time...
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 10:15 am - Gilbert, AZ
Has anyone that has had surgery with Scottsdale Bariatrics had sugar-free popsicles the first week? Jeremy isn't enjoying the Jello - so we thought sugar-free popsicles would be a good replacement...
sallyann
on 7/16/06 10:30 am - page, AZ
Hey Jeremy, how are you getting your protein? Have you tried protein drinks? I was told we need about 70 grms per day. After 5 weeks I still have a drink per day. I also enjoyed cream soups. I also liked the sugar free fudgsicles hang in there...You will be at the next eating phase before you know it. Sally
Nicole W.
on 7/16/06 12:06 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
When I was out with a back injury I played dominoes and "poppit" off of www.pogo.com Made the time go by pretty quick... also watched lots of movies. I also watched Seasons 1-6 of Seinfeld and a few of my other favorite shows on DVD. Hope you start feeling better!
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/06 12:08 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Scottsdale Bariatric does not allow any protein until you post op meeting. I just had a sugar free popsicle and it was sent down from the heavens I loved it. I still would love some more ideas. I will be trying some of that soup even though it is not on the list. But the wat I figure is we has the same surgery and it did not hurt any of you.
AZGirl
on 7/16/06 1:59 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Jeremy, I had surgery with Scottsdale Bariatric back in March. It will get better when you go for your one week follow-up, I promise. I know it's tempting to stray, but try to stay within their guidelines for the first week. They have their reasons and it will be better in the long run. Looking back, that first week was the hardest for me. It has only gotten better since then. I never liked soup and I hate hello, so I mostly lived on water for the first week too. The reason they don't like you to have sugar-free ice pops or Crystal Light is because they believe it will increase your cravings for sweet things and it will make the journey much more difficult for you. Hang in there. It will get better.
Tiffany McGee
on 7/17/06 4:26 am - Glendale, AZ
Jeremy, Water Sensations is a good addin to water to give it a nice flavor. I order them online, but you live on the side of the Valley where they actually have stores that sell them mostly. Peach and Mixed berries are a favorite in our house. Hope this helps. Target: 252 2020 N Arizona Ave AZ 85225 Chandler AZ (480) 899-7986 1838 3425 W Frye Rd AZ 85226 Chandler AZ (480) 281-0007 1960 3931 S Gilbert Rd AZ 85296 Gilbert AZ (480) 281-0201 1959 5110 S Power Rd AZ 85212 Mesa AZ (480) 281-0268 1360 21001 N Tatum Blvd Ste 20 AZ 85050 Phoenix AZ (480) 419-9380 950 4515 E Thomas Rd AZ 85018 Phoenix AZ (602) 952-1797 Wishing you much luck! Tiff *hugs*
Kathy S.
on 7/17/06 2:17 pm - PHX, AZ
Jeremy, Starbucks herbal tea on ice saved me week one! Starbucks has some herbal teas by TAZO ...the best one is "REFRESH" with a minty flavor, no sweetner! It is hard to stay away from artifically sweetened beverages....I still miss the flavor. A friend of mine is a Blackstone patient and she started drinking artifically sweetened teas in bottles and she said it has contributed to her hunger and craving sweet things at the year mark. Try to follow the guidelines the best you can....I know her guidelines are strict but look at how successful most of her patients are. You'll get the ISOPURE tomorrow and that helped with my craving flavored drinks. Ice them up and dilute them, the powdered ISOPURE is also good too(50gm protein). The boredom was hard..... taking little trips out of the house helped me. It DOES get better, the first month is the hardest so far. Hang in there and know that good people are here to support you. WELCOME TO THE LOSING SIDE! Kathy
Most Active