Any Dr. Newhoff post-ops?

MacArthurBug
on 7/9/06 7:48 am - KY
Hiya everybody! I'm due for my surgery on the 24th and I'm starting to feel nervous, more anxious then anything. Anyway! Have any of you had Dr. Newhoff for your doc? Did you like him? Did he require you to do any liquid dieting before hand? I'm sure I asked him something about this the last time I saw him.. but I have since spaced it!! Please let me know!
BIG F.
on 7/9/06 7:59 am - chandler, AZ
Sorry don't have you answer but i was wondering if your having lap or open.
MacArthurBug
on 7/9/06 8:01 am - KY
I'm having Open.
BIG F.
on 7/9/06 8:20 am - chandler, AZ
I thought so. I went to a group seminar there with his partner and I met him and remember that he did all the open surgeries. I thought he was very pleasant man. Also if I remember correctly he has a lot of experience doing open. I'm having open surgery tomorrow. Good Luck and Godspeed with recovery with yours. Lamont
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/9/06 10:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Amber! I'm not a dr newhoff post op, but I'm getting surgery tomorrow with Dr Simon so I know exactly how you feel. I talked to wendy about the "liquid" diet and whined about it a little and she said I could eat as long as it was all high protein. :) So just a tip. most doctors don't require it, and even the hospital nurse said you could eat as late at 6pm the night before.. I hope that helps a little!
vquigley
on 7/9/06 11:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Amber, I was thinking that your surgery date was coming up. Thanks for posting this question--hope you get some responses. I met one of his patients in the support group I have been going to and she has been really please. She ended up with some complications and said that Dr. Newhoff visited her every day and even met her at the hospital on Easter Sunday. I was impressed by that. My date is coming up July 31 and I'm trying not to be nervous. Good luck! Virginia
Tiffany McGee
on 7/10/06 4:07 am - Glendale, AZ
I'm not post-op yet, but I've seen Dr. Newhoff on serveral occasions, minus feeling a little anxious about him earlier on. I will be the first to say I've had reservations about him, but I think it had more to do with me then him. With that said, I like him very much. He is straight and to the point and he has a great sense of humor. Liquid Diet - I was told at the pre-surgical/diet meeting that he would like but does not require a liquid diet 3 days prior to surgery. To reduce the size of all organs. Broths, proteins drinks, water, SF jello, SF Juice, etc. Good Luck on your surgery. I'm scheduled for July 28th. Only 4 days behind you! Take Care and many hugs! Tiff
melissathe1
on 7/10/06 11:42 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Amber, it's Melissa the other base lady. I completely understand how you feel. I had nightmares when I slept which wasn't that much. And no concentration. I was on auto pilot for about 3 weeks prior to getting wls. But I kept everything to myself which isn't good. When I went in and I was on the gurney and about to go in the OR. My Dr came in and I cried, then after that every time someone came in I started streaming tears. When the anesthesiologist came in he was explaining what was going to happen on his behalf and then he saw me crying and then he said why don't we give you something right now. I thanked him. Next thing I know I woke up in recovery. It's not bad really. just remember to walk even when you don't want to just do it because it really does make you feel better. I think I gave you my cell, so if ou have any questions, I am only a call away. Just so you know......I would do this all over again 1000 times it is worth more than my excess weight in gold. I hope this helps a little!
Tiffany McGee
on 7/12/06 4:58 am - Glendale, AZ
Melissa - I keep having these dreams that I'm having a panic attack right before they take me in. Which of course is causing me to panic a little more. I'm to the point that I'm ready for the day to be here, so I can do my little freak, get my surgery and go home. Thanks for sharing with us! Tiff
Janette
on 7/10/06 1:12 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Amber! I did not have Dr Newhoff I had his partnerr Simon but met Dr Newhoff and never heard anything negative. Best of luck to you! Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/126 - 237 lbs 5-24-06 abdominoplasty, thigh lift and tummy tuck ( Dr Ali Mosharrafa)
Most Active