CHANDLER AREA

BIG F.
on 7/7/06 3:23 pm - chandler, AZ
Hey Guys. I'm looking for a new PCP that has a clue about WLS. I already been approved for surgery I just don't have a lot of confidence in my doctor. I have United Health-care Insurance. Any help would be appreciated.
Darlene X
on 7/7/06 10:40 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Boy!!! When you gonna grace your presence at Chandler Support group? LOL You know it's statistically better for you to keep your weight off if you come Ummm it's not quite Chandler.... but I see a PA, ok so not a PCP--- but he is awesome. It's South East Valley Medical...something like that--- on Baseline & Country Club (Right by the Walgreens there)... his name is Jason Collier--- they have had quite a few WLS patients go through them... he is just a super nice guy, figured I'd say a word for him. I have UHC, so I know they accept.... Im sure you'll get some good recommendations though.... Just wanted to say hi! Darlene
moirap
on 7/8/06 6:21 pm - Mesa, AZ
I know how you feel about a WLS savvy doc.I went through a period of time after WLS surgery when I started gaining weight on 800 calories a day. I went to my surgeon and he referred me to Dr Joel Edelstein and I travel to Bell road by PV hospital when I need an Internal medicine doc. He had done my lab and my thyroid was low normal ( all the other docs I went to in the area said nothings wrong ane thyroid was in the normal range) and I had most of my thyroid taken out 20 years ago so since the lab was so low normal it was worth a try to start me on thyroid and my next labs came back much more normal and the weight loss started again. All I can say is I am very grateful for Dr Edelstein and I dont mind the travel to see someone who can take care of me the right way. I am worth it. Scottsdale bariatric may also have a physican that is savvy with WLS because the have a physician weight loss program. Good luck
jenniebr
on 7/9/06 5:17 am - queen creek, AZ
My PCP is not in CHandler, but worth the drive to Tempe (I live in Queen Creek). Michael Tingey 480-730-5100. My hubby and I love him. (His wife had surgery) Dont know if I am s'posed to let that out but too bad. He is quiet but a very good listener and knows a little about WLS. Good Luck! Jen
Most Active