ARMED FORCES DAY SATURDAY MAY 20, 2006

Mike B.
on 5/19/06 8:21 am - Tolleson, AZ
Not mentioned much in the media but tomorrow is Armed Forces Day. Not to be confused with Veterans day which is later on in the year. Many of our families, relatives and friends and some we don't even know, are in there serving our country in some very undesirable places. Take a few minutes from your busy schedules to remember our brave men and women serving all over the world. Since we don't have a draft anymore for many years, all of these people are volunteers. Some of the National Guard troops as well as some of the Reservists never thought they would end up in Iraq, Afghanistan and other trouble spots around the world and the most recent to be on the U.S. / Mexican border. Well that is the way life is. They are all putting their lives on the line for us and freedom everywhere. If you have never served in the armed forces, it is a life enrichening experience. If I had it to do all over again there would be no hesitation. I am proud of my family members that have served and those that are career military and in it for the long haul. When you see a military member walking down the street or in a store somewhere or having dinner somewhere, don't be shy about walking up to them and saying "Thank you for what you are doing for all of us and our country" I can assure you, they will really appreciate it. Thanks for reading this. Sincerely, WLS jUNE 1986 Mike Berkwit Past Post Commander VFW Post 1717, CA.
Arizona_Sun
on 5/19/06 9:32 am - Gilbert, AZ
Our flag will be out! Sandy
Mike B.
on 5/19/06 3:35 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Thanks Sandy and thank you for the pictures. Kathy and I both enjoyed them. Have a great weekend. It is gonna be a very hot one. huggsssssss Mike
Most Active