Dx E’s Posts

Dx E
on 8/4/04 1:01 am
Dx E
on 8/4/04 12:24 am
Topic: RE: too much support??
Hey Destiny, Good luck and best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Tell your Husband that you would rather it just be him in the recovery room, but that you want his folks there for him. Although you're the one having the surgery, He is more than likely terrified, even if he's putting on a brave face for you. Let love guide your decision. He may very well need his folks there to support him so that he can have the power to support you. Best wishes and prayers- Dx
Dx E
on 8/4/04 12:18 am
Topic: RE: Question for anyone who can help!
Sharon, I'm right at a week from being a year out and I still gurgle like an old radiator. I don't have the burping but the sound is so loud it will cause my dog to bark. It usually happens when I drink my water too fast. Try going back to smaller sips. It seems to help me sometimes- Dx
Dx E
on 8/4/04 12:12 am
Topic: RE: I'm Better Than All Of You...
Yes Brian, I suggest that you exhaust every other option first. Take some of the dietary tips from those on this sight. Avoid the sugars, use Stevia to sweeten. Have your proteins first, and stay relatively low fat. Use the ground flax seed, and walk as much as you can. My BMI was 50.8 putting me at extreme risks when I made the decision. I had tried a Dr. supervised diets, 3 years of Weigh****chers, Atkins (I lost 85 lbs and then over the next three years gained 105 of it back) , As well as 6months of the Cambridge Shakes and Slimfast. I've been dieting up and down since I was 14 years old. On the other hand, My sister went on weigh****chers, lost her weight and has kept it off for her lifetime. Do what works for you. The decision to have this surgery should not be taken lightly, but for many of us it is the final solution that works. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 11:53 pm
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:35 am
Topic: RE: I Get A Home Nurse!
I did through my secondary insurance- BCBS Empire And it was for 6 weeks. And a Physical Therapist as well. Unfortunately, I needed it. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:32 am
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Can I eat............
They truly are "A Southern Thang." I love them. And yes I was able to tolerate them very well at about 3 months out. Originally from Texas, Then 14 years in Atlanta, Now for the last 6 in Mississippi. How could I not love boiled Peanuts? Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 10:16 am
Dx E
on 8/3/04 9:48 am
Dx E
on 8/3/04 8:56 am
Topic: RE: I have noticed and was wondering...
Hey Jaimee, It's not the people. Just the pictures. It may even be your monitor. Jaundice is not a problem associated with this surgery. Most all of us are rosy cheeked and healthier after the WLS than we ever were before. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 8:53 am
Dx E
on 8/3/04 8:23 am
Topic: RE: Steak? OOOPS
Sabrina, I grill with tongs in one hand and an umbrella in the other. It's a gas grill so I don't have the lighting hassle. The broiler will work just fine though. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 8:11 am
Topic: RE: should i get a will?
Yes, I would recommend it. Just in case, your family will be protected. Have Hubby make one out at the same time. That away it's not a scary thing but rather just something you two are doing to prepare the future for your family. Like getting life and house insurance. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 7:53 am
Dx E
on 8/3/04 7:06 am
Topic: RE: Low Potassium???
Tamarah, No low potassium. In my case it has been low Calcium and Iron. Once I started taking the supplements, my "blood-work" has been fine. Hope yours levels out soon. Best wishes- Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 7:02 am
Topic: RE: will we forever
Sherri, I drink SMAR****ER. It's bottled water that has electrolytes added. No flavor, but it makes me feel energized. I have it about every other day, then re-use the bottle filling it with water at home. It's a cool bottle with a gauge on the side to let you know how much you're drinking. For a break from the water, try Diet V8 Splash. I love it and whenever the large bottles go on sale at the local Kroger or Wal-Mart Super Center, I stock up. Dx
Dx E
on 8/3/04 5:06 am
Dx E
on 8/2/04 11:35 am
Topic: RE: I would like for everyone...
Prayers out for Cindy Drake. Thanks for being such a good friend and lifting up her need to others- Dx
Dx E
on 8/2/04 11:34 am
Topic: RE: b-12
Don't know about "everyone," but I think it's most everyone. I have to take B12 shots once a month from now on. Dx
Dx E
on 8/2/04 11:31 am
Topic: RE: From CNN wihtout the quote
Yes, Some of the positions of the NAAFA give me a rash on the wrong end. Sure, no one should discriminate against fat folks, but the way to achieve that is not by bashing those that have decided to take drastic measures in order to save their life. WLS is not about looks, but longevity without crippling disease. Dx
Dx E
on 8/2/04 11:07 am
Topic: RE: We must KNOW the Answer!
Yes, I agree Kristina, But how do we account for the discrepancies? There was a post here not 30 minutes ago from a patient who name dropped Dr. Fobi, who was told to have diet sprite right off the bat. How can that be? There are others who's surgeons have done 1000's+ with super high success rates, that move to solid foods in the first week. In fact there was a post (day before yesterday I believe) from a patient of "the most respected bariatric surgeon in Arkansas," that insisted that ALL OF his patients be on solid foods prior to leaving the hospital at day 4. Not Just those who were "in pretty good physical condition already," but ALL. How could this be possible? Clearly we are all getting different advice and it is not always based on the fact that we are all different. Surely there must be some reason that there is not more standardized information than Vitamins. I think if everyone asks their individual physician why the extreme differences, we, as a group can get some clearer answers to this RELATIVELY new procedure. Dx
Dx E
on 8/2/04 10:54 am
Topic: RE: Come critique my grocery list, please.
Doing Great Kay, No criticism here! Just keep trying different things that make sense to, and appeal to, you! Check out Textured Vegetable Protein. It's in the "health section" of most large grocery stores. You can add a sprinkle of it to nearly anything and it boosts the protein level. It has no flavor, but rather, takes on the flavor of what ever you put it in. It's been a Godsend for me to get in all of my protein for each day. I've found that since my surgery (11month post-op) my whole family is losing weight, because "someone" isn't bringing home ice cream, chips, and deserts like they used to. Nor Do I say, "hey, let's not cook tonight, let's just order a pizza." Which usually turned into two if I was placing the order. Best wishes to you and keep on shoppin'. Now that you're saving on overall grocery intake spend the extra money on "the good stuff." Dx
Dx E
on 8/2/04 10:36 am
Dx E
on 8/2/04 10:15 am, edited 7/16/08 10:29 am
Topic: RE: We must KNOW the Answer!

This info moved to QuixoticWLS

Most Active