Afraid of failing

Suzanne H.
on 4/28/06 3:29 am - Warminster, PA
Someone posted a statement on here about failing. That really hit home with me and I didn't even realize it until I saw the statement. I am actually afraid of failing with this surgery. I failed at every other weight loss attempt so I guess my self esteem figures if there is a possibility that the surgery didn't work, I'd be the one that would happen to. I know realistically that if I do what I am supposed to that it is impossible for the surgery not to work, but there is still that other voice that says otherwise. I am not looking for a pep talk. I didn't even realize that I was afraid of failing until I saw someone's statement about it. My good voice knows I won't fail. It's the evil one that needs a talking to. Everyone is right, your whole mind set needs to change. Time to get rid of the "fat" voices that kill your self esteem!
brnsie
on 4/28/06 3:35 am
When you figure out how to get rid of the "fat" voice, let me know how you did it......
pat9047
on 4/28/06 3:40 am - CO
As we say in here, the surgery can only fix the outside, it is up to each of us to fix the inside. Fear of failing is a common fear among us. We have all tried diets that didn't work. Tell yourself that you have earned the right to be thinner. We have all survived the insults, rude stares, and ruder comments. Now is the time just for you. We call it a jouney because it doesn't end with surgery there is a whole healing time afterwards for your mind and your spirit.
SUSIEQQ62
on 4/28/06 3:47 am - EXETER, PA
Suzanne I am sure that most of us feel the same way sometimes.. I have not had my surgery yet--but I have had that devil on the other shoulder who tries so hard to discourage my angel on my other shoulder--we have failed so many diets/programs before and it is normal for us to at one time or another dooubt if we will fail this--I feel it too sometimes and I agree with all that you have said--I fight a low self esteem and depresion?Anxiety and I take meds for them--but as a christian I know it is the devil who needs to be put in his place--so I just say "flee from me satan" or "get behind me satan" and of course pray alot.. I see you just had your surgery a few weeks ago--how are you doing?? Hugs and prayers to all--susie smith from exeter pa
Crencenthia Brown
on 4/28/06 3:52 am - Jersey City, NJ
I uderstand just what you are tlaking about I feel the same way. Failing is a word thats stay apart of me. For my whole life sisnce a I was in 2 grade I can recall, my mother butting me on a deit telling my teacher crencenthia can only eat half of a sandwich because I was to fat.That was the frist thing that I fail at evething else just follow. Now with this wls I feel the same way. To top it of I have to lose 25 poundds before I have wls. Im parying that those voices that I hear saying you cant I will prove wrong for once and for all. Sorry I f i brought you down Just need to get it off my chest. Im hear to listen to you if you need me. hugs and kiss
Juju B
on 4/28/06 4:18 am - Bowdoin, ME
Yes, I think that we all feel the same way about failing. But, we have to remember that this is a life changing tool that we need to work with. I know when I feel like I am going to fail I call my mother and she gives me a pep talk and I feel much better. My mother and I have a game that we are playing to see who can loose the most weight over the summer. She did not have surgery but she wanted to loose 30 pounds. She is one of my biggest supporters other than my husband and 2 wonderful boys. All I can say is get yourself a great support team if you don't have one already.
beckyjo
on 4/28/06 4:51 am - alton, IL
DS on 12/18/91
Don't be afraid. i AM 15 yrs out, and it does work ! But i must say that somnetimes i still feel fat, lol you will be fine as long as you follow docs advice, becky
Most Active