Bariatric Reset

spkz007
on 9/2/24 10:34 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Hi Everyone,

It has been 15 years now since I first had bariatric surgery. I first had a lap band that after a few years had slipped and had to have it removed. I had to wait 6 months and then had a Roux-N-Y done. I lost over 160lbs and was very happy with the results, but lately I have gain some weight back. Actually 50lbs and need to get it off before it gets worse. I heard of the bariatric reset diet, where you start off with the post op diet and follow it like you just had surgery again. I plan on starting this this week and hopefully it will be successful. I contribute it to getting back into eating carbs and having sugar. So those are going to be almost non-existent from now on. I will let you all know how it goes. This is especially for those who have already had the surgery now for a few years and have gain some weight back. It will be good to know they can resolve the issue by themselves. Take care everyone!

Steve B.

Kathleen W.
on 9/3/24 4:09 pm - Lancaster, PA

Are you talking about the 5 day pouch test? Please let me know how you make out with it. I thought about doing it myself.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active