Surgeon references

Marybelleolson
on 7/26/24 12:40 pm

In my pursuit of a band-to-something else revision I've come across two surgeons in the DFW area: Dr. Ayoola and Dr. Cribbins.
Is anyone familiar with either of these guys and what is your impression, good bad or otherwise? In my haste to have revisional surgery I don't want to just go with whoever can get me in the soonest, but who will help me achieve the best long term outcome.
thanks!

White Dove
on 7/27/24 9:11 am - Warren, OH

I would want to talk to their patients who were successful with their revisions several years after the revision.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

julibel
on 8/2/24 12:38 pm, edited 8/5/24 7:06 pm

Me too. I'm also considering Dr. Cribbins, but unfortunately, I didn't find any information about him on https://www.bestbariatricsurgeons.com/. Do you think there's a reason why he is not on that list? It's a trustworthy resource, and I would honestly feel more confident seeing him listed there. When it comes to choosing a bariatric surgeon, it's essential to rely on reputable sources and comprehensive information. The absence of a surgeon from a trusted list can raise questions, but it doesn't necessarily mean the surgeon isn't qualified or skilled.
catwoman7
on 8/6/24 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

lists like this can get you started, but I wouldn't put 100% faith in it, There are surgeons who aren't going to be on here - maybe they don't know about the list (so they wouldn't know to self-nominate or their peers wouldn't know to nominate them), or maybe some organization puts the names on here and not all surgeons belong to the organization. Or do patients nominate surgeons for the list? How do people get their names on the list in the first place? We have no idea. I live in Wisconsin, and there are exactly zero surgeons listed on here from Wisconsin. I find that hard to believe, especially since my surgeon heads up the bariatric unit of a major university teaching hospital. I'm sure there are also some excellent surgeons in the Milwaukee area.

this is such a common and routine surgery these days that there are lots of surgeons who have been doing it for years - there are going to be lots of good surgeons whose names aren't on this list - and again, we don't even know how names end up on this list in the first place. I agree with White Dove in that talking to some of his patients might give you more info. How satisfied were they with their experience? Would they recommend their surgeon? If there were issues, how quickly did the surgeon respond and resolve the issue? Is there good follow up at their clinic?

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 8/6/24 5:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S. I just noticed there are no surgeons on here from the Mayo Clinic. That should tell you something.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

hollykim
on 8/8/24 10:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 26, 2024 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, Marybelleolson wrote:

In my pursuit of a band-to-something else revision I've come across two surgeons in the DFW area: Dr. Ayoola and Dr. Cribbins.
Is anyone familiar with either of these guys and what is your impression, good bad or otherwise? In my haste to have revisional surgery I don't want to just go with whoever can get me in the soonest, but who will help me achieve the best long term outcome.
thanks!

the surgeons on Thst list may have paid a fee to be included, as well.