Future VSG Patient Looking For Helpful Advice

wtaylor1028
on 3/18/22 1:25 pm
VSG on 03/29/22

Finally, after my year of researching bariatric procedures, going through the whole process with insurance, I have received my surgery date 3 months ago. My surgery date is on 3/29/2022 exactly 11 days from now. I was wondering if anybody could share some words of wisdom to maximize my progress And weight loss for the long haul. I started out at 396 And after going through the process with insurance And 3 months of liquid diet I am down to 345 with 11days left on the liquid diet. I am currently disabled due to my back. I can't walk or stand very long; I was told by my doctor that I need another back surgery. When I spoke to my back surgeon, I was told that I needed to have a fusion of my entire lower spine. My back surgeon informed me that after my previous surgery there was too much scare tissue (Different Surgeon) And he would have to perform the surgery from a different area. He told me that with my current weight the complication rate was way too high And that I would have to lose a substantial amount of weight before he would perform the surgery. So, I spoke to my Primary Doctor about the VSG procedure in length And decided to have it done. I am hoping after getting some of the weight off I am able to stand And walk a little bit more. I want to make sure that I am as successful that I can be so that after I lose the substantial amount of the weight, I can get my back procedure done.

TierraMoone
on 3/24/22 1:31 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Protein, Protein, Protein! And chew your foods well.

wtaylor1028
on 3/24/22 2:13 pm
VSG on 03/29/22

Thanks for the helpful information. Is there any foods that I should avoid?

Most Active