frustrated

dreamer1234
on 6/28/21 3:08 pm

i am close to 3 yrs post RNY and have had my ups and downs have recently had to go gluten free but have lost like 248 lbs and have kept it off. my starting weight on September 13, 2018 was 402. i do what i am supposed do to and am proud of myself and i feel that i work hard at my program which as you all know is not easy. but the problem is that i live in senior housing, yea i am on a limited income so i have no where else to live & a lot of people there bash me because of my weight loss, how i eat etc. i could write a book on all the negative untrue stuff that people say and most of the time i just walk away but does anyone else experience this? i get out alot and that does help but people can be so cruel at times. thanks everyone

Partlypollyanna
on 6/29/21 9:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I subscribe to the "none of my business what other people think of me" attitude. I am sure some people have comments about my life (WLS or otherwise) but F them.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

siberiancat
on 6/29/21 11:42 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

My favorite mantra is: "I'm not going to let this ruin my day!" I tell myself this in all kinds of situations - not just with what people say. Like when I spill something, make a mess, forget to put gas in the car, etc.

It's a choice. I feel blessed to have access to nutritious food, heat, air conditioning, running water, entertainment, etc. I try to see the glass half full and be grateful for my cir****tancs.

I stay on WW (formerly Weigh****chers) and I find it very bariatric friendly. I just tell people I do WW to maintain my weight and fit into my clothes. I don't care what they think. I've been at goal weight for 11 years and it is easier the farther out you get from the quick massive weight loss.

Best Wishes.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

siberiancat
on 6/29/21 11:43 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

My favorite mantra is: "I'm not going to let this ruin my day!" I tell myself this in all kinds of situations - not just with what people say. Like when I spill something, make a mess, forget to put gas in the car, etc.

It's a choice. I feel blessed to have access to nutritious food, heat, air conditioning, running water, entertainment, etc. I try to see the glass half full and be grateful for my cir****tancs.

I stay on WW (formerly Weigh****chers) and I find it very bariatric friendly. I just tell people I do WW to maintain my weight and fit into my clothes. I don't care what they think. I've been at goal weight for 11 years and it is easier the farther out you get from the quick massive weight loss.

Best Wishes.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Tidgel
on 6/30/21 5:48 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I understand your frustration with others but this is your time to celebrate you! Losing 248 pounds is remarkable and you should be very proud. I find you to be an inspiration and your journey can help others if you wish to share it.

TJFox
on 7/1/21 5:42 am

Keep up the good work. You should be very proud.

sweetpotato1959
on 7/5/21 8:24 pm

Dreamer1234,

The problem is not YOU, It's the butt wipes you are around.

Tell them" NUN-Ya.". Meaning it's none of your business. I'm fine, thank you.If i want your opinion of what i eat I'll ask, til then i don't want to hear it.

You need to be proud of yourself. You do not have to pass their inspection. That is a terrific weight loss and accomplishment.

You are not the only one here, who has a limited income.

You might check to see if there are other housing options available for you.. a change in living arrangements could get you away from the negativity and stress. Going into another complex,another area could be the answer to changing the external factors surrounding you..People will see you for who you are now- not who you once were. Sounds like the others around you are jealous of your loss and success.

dreamer1234
on 7/6/21 4:18 am

thanks sweet potato for your nice words. yea people are just jealous. There are alot of mean people where i live so i just try & stay away from them. i don't need to justify what i eat or my choices in life such as having wt loss surgery and by the way it was the best decision of my life. sure i have to watch what i eat but its my choice. when my asst landlord ask me twice if i wanted a doughnut & i said "no thank you" both times & she said but one bite will not hurt you i said to her "but what if i offered you a bottle of Jack Daniels or some beer? same idea and she shut up. again thanks!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/14/21 4:14 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I could say that it's about them, not about you. But you already know that. (Or if someone said, I think Eleanor Roosevelt I think, "What do you think of me is none of my business.")

If you have a smartphone, your local library may be enrolled in the Libby program, and you can get audiobooks for free. Add a little set of earbuds and you will have great minds to listen to while you go about your business.

Sharon

Most Active