What's for dinner on Christmas and Christmas Eve?

TJFox
on 12/19/20 7:07 pm

I have never made Lasagna but that sounds like a great tradition! I like the idea of using the eggplant or zucchini instead of noodles. Especially the eggplant.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bridge1967
on 12/22/20 9:15 am

My. DH made me eggplamt lasanga when he made regulat lasamga for a family gathering with my daughter. Didnt miss the noodle. He coated the eggplant with almond flour, then prebaked it.

Melody P.
on 12/18/20 7:28 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm making lasagna and baked ziti for my small group. I will probably make some kind of gluten free and dairy free Italian dish for me. It's not really what I want to eat but meh. It'll prob be a stouffers lasagna and homemade baked ziti. I don't want to over do it for something I can't even eat...sounds odd but it's how I feel.

I am going to try making a healthier GF & DF pudding or trifle type thing. I'm making a dirt cake for everyone else...and we're getting a pecan pie I think. We bought a cheesecake already.

As for Christmas Eve. We don't do anything special. I'll be making some of the food. I might make something for breakfast on Christmas Day...I saw a banana coffee cake that sounded good. That and a cup of coffee.

Mel

TJFox
on 12/19/20 7:15 pm

I just bought Stouffers Lasagna for the first time ever. We haven't tried it yet. Dirt cake is something I have never heard of. I am making a pineapple sheet cake. My mother's recipe that never tastes as good as hers ever did!

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/20 12:06 pm, edited 12/18/20 4:10 am
RNY on 01/01/14

IF I was home with family ( or business partner in past years ) I'd make the traditional Italian Feast of Seven Fishes meal Christmas Eve ( since that's still a Catholic fast ) .

Baked Stuffed Clam and Scallop Shells, Crab stuffed Mushroom Caps or Crabcakes , Smoked Whitefish Dip w crudités , Hungarian Spicy Paprika Fish Soup , Sole w Butter Almondine , Stuffed Baked Split Maine Lobster .

I know its a course short but the other is vegetarian Mac n Cheese or Veg Lasagna cuz not everyone enjoys seafood .

And of course I include plenty of vegetable side dishes like Mushroom Green Bean Casserole and dessert ( generally Tiramisu w Ladyfingers ) Guests can be counted on to bring liquor stuffed chocolates and Amaretto and Ouzo so there's plenty of after -meal sweets.

EVERYTHING is Fat free and made with Butter Buds .( freeze dried fat free butter solids ) .

The guests that want melted butter to dip the seafood in can have it but most choose not to - they choose the fat free And Great Tasting water-based Butter Buds dipping option !

Christmas Day someone BETTER invite ME lol .....

TJFox
on 12/19/20 7:29 pm, edited 12/19/20 1:05 pm

LOL! I sure hope some one invites you over for Christmas Day! I feel like a slacker compared to your menu. I am actually ordering the Prime Rib meals from a small diner because my father said it was the best he and my mom ever had years ago and he certainly does not want me to cook a Prime Rib as this year I have been informed that my Prime Rib roasts in the past have not been a hit with Dad. All this time, I thought otherwise but Dad is getting brutally honest in his older years.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/20 7:33 pm
VSG on 06/20/18

My wife and I are going with our favorites and forgoing the traditional Christmas meal this year. I will be barbecuing T-Bone steaks and shrimp. There is snow on the ground and the threat of more to come but I don't mind grilling in any season. So it's steaks and shrimp, baked potato, grilled asparagus, and parmesan zucchini for us. Looking forward to it.

Most Active