I finally lost enough weight to have surgery. My daughters are worried that hospital equipment...

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/20 7:40 am

I finally lost enough weight to have surgery. My daughters are worried that hospital equipment wont hold my weight even though I just little under 600lbs

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/20 8:51 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Lol !! I'm sure if your doc's willing to operate then he's got the appropriate equipment!

I'm so glad you lost the necessary weight April !!!! CONGRATULATIONS on getting surgery approval !!!

Wishing you the best experience with your upcoming surgery and fast healing

catwoman7
on 12/13/20 8:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

if the surgeon scheduled the surgery, and I'm assuming you've seen him/her before - or he/she has at least seen your records - then the hospital's equipment can accommodate your weight. They would not have approved it if that they knew they couldn't accommodate you.

hollykim
on 12/13/20 9:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 13, 2020 at 3:40 PM Pacific Time, Aprilgetinghealth wrote:

I finally lost enough weight to have surgery. My daughters are worried that hospital equipment wont hold my weight even though I just little under 600lbs

wonderful job! Don't let ANYONE make you scared or worried. Do this for you and your health. You will not be sorry.

White Dove
on 12/13/20 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

I wonder if your daughters could accompany you to a surgeon appointment and have their concerns answered by the surgeon. My surgeon had an appointment with family members to answer questions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jmm4321
on 12/13/20 9:40 pm

Congratulations and best of luck. I'm sure you'll do great!

Tidgel
on 12/14/20 5:55 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Congratulations on losing the weight and for your upcoming surgery. You are on your way to a healthier you!

Dee_Caprini
on 12/15/20 10:34 am

Congratulations! The hospital and surgeon would have not scheduled the surgery had you not met/been under the weight requirement/threshold. Just continue to work at your pre-op diet and make yourself proud! If your daughters have questions, have them go with you to your appointments so they can get answers themselves from your medical staff directly!

Janet P.
on 12/16/20 10:11 am

When I had my surgery 18 years ago that was a real issue, but honestly it's not an issue anymore. They wouldn't schedule your surgery if they didn't have the equipment to handle the patient. As others have suggested, have your daughters go to one of your appointments with you. Maybe you can do a virtual appointment if they're not local.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

SuMari
on 12/17/20 11:11 am

Congrats! You've dome what you need to do! I would not have any issues as I think the hospital would have a max weight requirement and would let you know what that is if you asked.

Most Active