Question for the ladies...

Lina_Ando
on 11/6/20 2:18 pm
Does Anyone else have a late period post op? I'm 5 days late. I'm usually pretty regular. I'm thinking it's from the drastic changes I've been through. I had surgery about 3 weeks ago. I'm 5 days late. No immaculate conception here... I'm not pregnant. I've been moody and emotional earlier in the week like it was about to come and now I just feel nothing. I mean I wouldn't be mad if it never came but I wanted to make sure it was normal. I've read a lot of you have had horrible ones after surgery and mine are already bad so I've just been waiting to see how bad it would be.. now it's MIA.
Want2beMe
on 11/6/20 6:39 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

I'm the opposite, my periods were late and horrible. Now after surgery its been on time and normal. Our bodies are strange LOL.

Lina_Ando
on 11/9/20 11:38 am

Hoping things regulate, soon!

catwoman7
on 11/6/20 9:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

a lot of women have screwed up menstrual cycles for a few months after surgery. They say it's because estrogen is stored in fat cells, and when you're losing weight rapidly, it's released. Don't know if that's true or not, but it makes sense. Some women have issues with mood swings the first few months after surgery, too, for the same reason Things should stabilize once you're a few months out and the weight loss slows down.

Lina_Ando
on 11/9/20 11:35 am

Oh god, mood swings. LOVELY! I never knew estrogen was stored in fat cells!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/20 4:14 am
RNY on 01/01/14

B careful 2 use xstrong birth control too !

Post op Grrlz can get preggo if someone just LOOKS at them practically ( never mind sneezing in their direction )

Don't know why bariatric surgery brings on the Fertile Myrtle but it definitely does ....

Lina_Ando
on 11/9/20 11:36 am

not looking to show my goods to anyone right now! I am good!

Janet P.
on 11/7/20 10:31 am

WLS reeks havoc on your hormones. Nothing will be normal for a while. As long as you know you're not pregnant don't worry about it but be careful.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Lina_Ando
on 11/9/20 11:37 am

It's just weird. I've been a day or 2 late, but my BC regulate that. now I am on the same BC, but nothing. Everything just feels different!

Most Active