Eating meat 3 weeks post op? Should you?

KimmyJJ
on 11/4/20 11:41 am

Thanks, White Dove. I do have a new insta pot, so maybe by the December holidays I could try a beef roast in that and cook the heck out of it. I think pork chops will have to stay shelved for a long time since they can be dry.

I sure hope that guy is ok since you say he didn't come back to post again.

KimmyJJ

Jmm4321
on 11/3/20 8:30 am

I could eat steak really early on, but vomited up chicken and turkey for almost a year.

KimmyJJ
on 11/4/20 11:32 am

Jmm4321 I have read that in some places, so I'm going to keep up with my reading but sticking to my team's plan for what should work for me. Wow, a year is a long time, but all of this is worth it to me.

KimmyJJ

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/20 3:34 am
RNY on 01/01/14

Super lean and almost-raw on the inside very thin sliced marinated beef filet was something I craved and could get and keep down pretty early I remember .

I think my body craved the iron in the steak to heal itself - I was pretty anemic going INTO surgery.

Spinach puree also has a lot of iron - its delicious made with a bit of garlic, butter buds n fat free half n half thickened with a bit of cornstarch n cooked barely to the point of thickening.

Dee_Caprini
on 11/3/20 10:35 am

Every plan is different. I would stick to what your surgeons office had sent you home with. We can take notes from everyone else, but it is best not to compare your journey with others and all questions should be directed (when it comes to your plan) to your surgeon/nutritionist.

Take the recipe down and save it for when you have been cleared

KimmyJJ
on 11/4/20 11:42 am

Dee_Caprini, I am for sure gathering recipes but am too chicken to try solid foods unless I'm cleared by my team. It is interesting to see all the differences in people, though.

KimmyJJ

Tidgel
on 11/3/20 12:26 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

I sure couldn't eat meat that soon!

KimmyJJ
on 11/4/20 11:35 am

Tidgel, me either. Not sure I wanted to anyway!

KimmyJJ

Most Active