Would insurance approve pieces, but not the whole thing?

Christywoo
on 10/3/20 9:16 pm

I have Sutter health hmo plus. I've already met with my surgeon *****commended a band to bypass revision. I'm going in for the band removal in 10 days. I just received pre approval in the mail for my 6 dietician and 2 psych evals. Is there a chance that I go through the next six months and THEN insurance rejects it? Since they're approving the removal and all the prep stuff, what are the chances they deny the final surgery?

Tia

White Dove
on 10/4/20 5:52 am - Warren, OH

You can never be sure with insurance companies, but the fact that they approved your dietician and psych exams seems like it is going in the right direction.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 10/4/20 5:57 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 4, 2020 at 4:16 AM Pacific Time, Christywoo wrote:

I have Sutter health hmo plus. I've already met with my surgeon *****commended a band to bypass revision. I'm going in for the band removal in 10 days. I just received pre approval in the mail for my 6 dietician and 2 psych evals. Is there a chance that I go through the next six months and THEN insurance rejects it? Since they're approving the removal and all the prep stuff, what are the chances they deny the final surgery?

Tia

yes, they often approve in pieces...

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/20 7:50 am
RNY on 01/01/14

If you comply with everything they ask they will have no reason to deny you.

As a previous poster mentioned the eventual approval is Implied by their willingness to pay for the lead-up steps ( and requirements for )to WLS surgery .

good luck !

Most Active