Overstich procedure

Beatle64
on 9/30/20 5:47 am

Has anyone had a revision for gastric bypass ?

just had one on 9-24. Would like to hear from anyone who has and shan't some of their side effects.

HaleyyGirl
on 9/30/20 3:24 pm

What is an overstich procedure? is that another type of surgery or how they stitch your insides up? (sorry, new here)

White Dove
on 9/30/20 6:47 pm - Warren, OH

I would suggest searching on the revision board.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

HaleyyGirl
on 10/1/20 3:42 pm

perfect! Will do that now! Thank you!

hollykim
on 10/1/20 2:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 30, 2020 at 10:24 PM Pacific Time, HaleyyGirl wrote:

What is an overstich procedure? is that another type of surgery or how they stitch your insides up? (sorry, new here)

no it is a revision procedure used often when one stoma is stretched out. It usually only produces about 20# of loss and those from the liquid diet before and after surgery.
welcome Haley!

HaleyyGirl
on 10/1/20 3:47 pm

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/20 2:12 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Am I understanding your post correctly ? You just had a revision using the overstitch procedure ?

How do you feel now ? Is the recovery easier than the original surgery ?

How rapidly and what percentage of your regained weight did your surgeon say you can expect to lose if you follow his/her nutritional and exercise directions?

Did you try to reset your pouch before you resorted to revision- what methods did you try ? Why do you feel they didn't work for you ?

(((hug))) Wishing you a speedy, pain free recovery!

Janet P.
on 10/2/20 4:52 am

When I had my surgery (I had the DS), several of my friends that chose the VSG got "an extra stitch". I wonder if that's the same thing. I remember that many simply felt that their restriction was over the top - could barely eat an ounce of food (I realize the sleeve is different than the bypass/pouch). After a few months things started to settle down for them. Not sure how the overstitch affects the bypass.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/20 2:22 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I think we're ALL confused lol ! I thought an overstitch procedure was either a Rose procedure which basically reinforces a stretched out stoma ( stomach opening) so food doesn't go through as fast ... or it literally followed the stitches of the original sleeve / stomach reduction surgery ( could also be part of an RNY) which had stretched out over the years due to overfilling.

Please clarify someone knowledgeable! Thank you ! ?

Most Active