Revision from Gastric Sleeve to SADI-S in Dominican Republic

Jeci
on 7/2/20 3:35 pm

Hello All,

I am considering of having a revision surgery in Dominican Republic at Cedimat hospital with Dr. Luis A. Betances, since my insurance (Allianz) does not cover any expenses in United States or Canada, and I have to consider the nearest country which is DR.

Has anyone went to Dominican Republic? Good experiences? Bad experiences? I am revising from Sleeve to SADI-S.

If you or anyone you know personally this physician Dr. Luis A. Betances or has used the hospital Cedimat, can you please tell me what your experience was like?

Thank you!

sweetpotato1959
on 7/3/20 1:13 am

Jeci.. Sorry i don't know anyone there.. There are associated Drs in Mexico... I'v eseen others with high praises for some of them.

sorry you are needing to fight so hard for surgery and finding walls...Getting Insurance coverage and approval is/ can be very tough... hang in there. make the changes you can now.. take care of yourself. good luck.

Denise
Jeci
on 7/3/20 1:16 am

Thank you for your response Denise. I really appreciate it.

sweetpotato1959
on 7/3/20 1:21 am

Jeci, i investigated cost of RNY across from LA calif. into mexico .. don't remember the clinic name /city... family member could not pay out of pocket.... cost there was about 10K, priced last spring. look int inernational services, associates thu this site, if you are interested.

Denise
MarinaGirl
on 7/3/20 5:09 pm

In the years I've been on these forums, I've never heard of anyone getting bariatric surgery or revision surgery in the DR. Prior to making a decision, I would recommend you have a virtual consult with Mexicali Bariatric Center as they have a great reputation on this site and others for doing high quality weight loss surgeries and revisions. I wish I had my original WLS with them (instead of another doc in TJ) because then I wouldn't have needed revision surgery, which my U.S. insurance paid for.

Jeci
on 7/3/20 5:20 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

According to my Insurance company Dominican Republic is the nearest country that I can have my surgery.

Therefore, I am pretty sure that Mexico won't be an option.

Laura in Texas
on 7/16/20 5:48 am

Your insurance will cover surgery in the Dominican Republic? I have never heard of that before.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/20 12:01 am
Jeci
on 7/5/20 10:50 am

Hello,

Thank you for your response. Could you tell me where did you have your surgery? And your doctor?

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/20 2:14 pm
Most Active