Amber's Story - "My 600 Lb. Life"

Batwingsman
on 1/6/20 8:39 pm - Garland, TX

Yes, that was their names and the initials! Hope they get to come to OH 2020 .. they were such an inspiration to others in the group's "heyday" ..

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Batwingsman
on 1/6/20 8:35 pm - Garland, TX

I was at the first OH Conference as well, I probably met you but truthfully too much going on for me to remember people. Hard to believe we have grown from 150 attendees to over 650!

Well, dang here I figured the reason OH went from several conferences each year across the U.S. to just one a year (and all at the same location - OH HQ in L.A.) many years ago was b/c the # of attendees had sharply dropped off! If attendance has been that rabid, then why the change?

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Member Services
on 1/7/20 6:40 am - Irvine, CA

Multiple events were only done for a few years 2004-2007 at one time, we had 11 events in one year. Once we had a base of attendees we started doing one conference yearly and focusing on locations throughout the US as well as making sure we were bringing quality professionals (speakers, etc) and topics for the community. Event planning is a huge amount of work and once the conference is over, we are already starting work on the next year's event planning and prepping.

Heather_Mill
on 1/2/20 9:56 am, edited 1/2/20 2:02 am

I love to watch that show I had not see any updates on her in a long time thank you for sharing

Heather

White Dove
on 1/3/20 3:35 am - Warren, OH

If Gina and T are going to Houston, I want to be there too

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 22 years out
on 1/3/20 5:17 am - Burleson, TX

And LAURA !!! And other really cool people I want to introduce y'all to!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

White Dove
on 1/3/20 10:00 am - Warren, OH

OK, so has the date been announced yet? I want to start planning and looking for flights.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gina 22 years out
on 1/3/20 12:42 pm, edited 1/5/20 8:39 am - Burleson, TX

I have asked - will let you know, when I get answers!

**ETA: October 2-3...Early Bird tickets to go on sale, this month...Watch OH website and FB page, for updates

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Willie H.
on 1/3/20 11:43 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Love this show myself-my buddy says I'm addicted to it but even though it shows the same format I like the fact that the "Scale does not lie", everytime one cheats it shows up on scale and it also teaches us that while exercise is great for our health, you cannot out train a bad diet! The point that got me was with Christina. She lost a lot of weight and actually became the opposite - Anorexic, did not want to eat because she kept seeing herself as over 700 lbs even though she was down to 155lbs. At one point when at 700lbs and her boyfriend kept feeding her and she actually looked like she was in a food coma! I felt so sorry for her. it was as if she did not have control of her senses! It was sooo sad!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Gina 22 years out
on 1/3/20 12:43 pm - Burleson, TX

Christina remains one of my all time favorites

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things