Amber's Story - "My 600 Lb. Life"

Gina 22 years out
on 1/8/20 5:42 pm - Burleson, TX

Sean and Deb are both still good friends, of mine - that's how I got the scoop about Houston!

Why aren't they posting on OH ????????????? Help me gang on them, ok??? I was surprised, when they said they had been to the OH conference

I STILL wear clothes/shoes I got at the various clothing exchanges !!!! Sean was EXCELLENT, at organizing clothing exchanges

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Batwingsman
on 12/30/19 8:11 pm - Garland, TX

Ah, Gina .. you know we lub ya, girl! Wish we could have another OH get together here in Texas .. Last one was I think around 2008-2010 or so, when I was just a few years out.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Gina 22 years out
on 12/31/19 2:21 pm - Burleson, TX

Ok, Paul - start packing...

Drum roll...

The next OH conference...

Will be in October, 2020...

In HOUSTON !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Batwingsman
on 12/31/19 7:40 pm - Garland, TX

OMG .. YEAHHHHH!!! Wonders of WLS never cease .. !

Yes, will definitely be there, if I physically can .. It will be a LONG 10 months .. (btw, wonder if it will be at the same hotel as back then? I also will make sure THIS time I do not arrive in Houston on Friday @ the p.m. rush hour - that was a MESS .. and esp. on my first visit to the city).

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

Gina 22 years out
on 1/2/20 4:54 am - Burleson, TX

That was before Uber and Lyft!!! No worries, now!!! Catch a cheap flight - easy peasy!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

We Can Do Hard Things

Batwingsman
on 1/2/20 9:11 pm - Garland, TX

Too bad that (proposed?) bullet train from DFW to Houston isn't finished yet .. We could be there in less than 30 minutes, IIRC ..

btw, if it hasn't been mentioned on the Texas State forum yet (and if anyone even reads it anymore ), would you care to do the honors Gina and mention the Houston meeting on there?

Member Services
on 12/30/19 5:50 am - Irvine, CA

Amber was a part of the OH2016 National Conference in Anaheim along with Melissa Morris and Dr. Now. She has done a great job, but this article is based on old information/photos that were thrown together. When she was at OH2016 she was in a new relationship and was blonde. She has definitely come a long way and was working hard to get to her goal.

Batwingsman
on 12/30/19 8:19 pm, edited 12/30/19 12:22 pm - Garland, TX

New relationship? She and Rowdy broke up??? Here I was so proud of him (and Amber even said so) for sticking by her side throughout her journey. He even moved from OR to TX to stay with her here during her first few months out, while the rest of her family returned to OR. I did have to wonder though when it was mentioned in that article that "he likes large women", or some such. First thing I thought of when I read that was - is he going to dump her after she gets down to close to a normal weight? We have seen that happen with relationships involving WLS before, sadly .. Anyway, I hope she has found happiness in her new relationship and they continue to support her for the future ..

btw, I know the article was pretty long and involved many page "turns", but somewhere near the end they do mention and show a picture of Amber after she dyed her hair blonde. She said she did that b/c, frankly, she was wanting to try to get some anonymity back since now it seemed so many people recognized her on the street all the time due to her being on the show.

catwoman7
on 12/31/19 4:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think they implied somewhere in the article that she and Rowdy had broken up. At any rate, I knew that she'd broken up with him and had a new love. I was glad he was gone. Yes he went with her to Texas, but he was an enabler.

Member Services
on 12/31/19 5:28 am - Irvine, CA

Yes, she and Rowdy broke up, but they are still close friends and he has a new relationship. She seemed happy when I saw her and she was continuing to work towards her goal with the support of her boyfriend and friends in Texas. She is back to her normal hair color now, you can take a look at this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5priZA34tKo from the conference as she was a part of the Fireside Chat.