Been on Intermittent Fasting for 10 months now - never cheated once. Love it!

happyandslim
on 11/16/19 11:38 am

Hi. Never been on one of these. But, wanted to share my great success with the easiest form of "dieting" ever. So simple. Since I was 27 I have struggled with my weight. Mostly successfully. But, this is soooo easy. Eat at lunch, eat at dinner (noon to 5) and NEVER EVER eat after 5 p.m. Down to 121 lbs now - 5'4".... and feel great. Ten months + and never deviated and it is soooo easy. I still, each and every day, count calories. I have a chart that I made up thirty years ago and keep it up every day. So that's it - under 2,000 calories a day and following noon to 5.

White Dove
on 11/16/19 10:47 am - Warren, OH

How much did you weight when you started the fasting?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

happyandslim
on 11/16/19 11:16 am

Hi. I started February 15, 2019 at 153 lbs. I have not had one day that I did not do I.F. I have found it very easy, tremendous energy. I walk, but do not exercise. I am 78 years of age. I honestly have counted calories since I was 27. LOL In July this year. I wanted to share this great way of losing and keeping it off.

White Dove
on 11/16/19 2:14 pm - Warren, OH

You look great. Thanks for sharing. That does sound doable. Do you live alone? What would be hard for me is being around others who are eating when I am fasting.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

happyandslim
on 11/17/19 2:14 pm

I am married. My husband eats what he wants and I do not mind. I am focused on MY goals/weight, not his. And really not "fasting". Int. F. much different. Noon to 5 you eat. Not before, not after. And within your calories allowed. Today was special - went out for lunch = 2,200 calories. Now only allowed 1,800 because I am 120 lbs. x 15 per lb. of body weight = 1800. I do this every day. Tomorrow I will make it up and definitely make it up. I have charts going back 25+ years. I keep a chart every day. I love it! If you are at all int. I can send you a copy of my chart. If not interested, and most people are NOT interested, that is okay too.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/17/19 6:30 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you had bariatric surgery? Or are you just doing IF?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

happyandslim
on 11/18/19 5:13 am

I have never had any surgery of any kind. Had 3 kids is all. It is all natural. I have charts (51 years of them - LOL) as I am 78 and started at 27. I make a game of it. It is all IF, calorie counting and NO exercise. I do walk. Mostly in the summer though. About 12 years ago I went to a gym five days a week, but truly really - it is all calories and that's it. I have an Excel-type chart which I faithfully enter every day. My husband says I am obsessed about my weight, but the way I look at it - it is far more fun eating for most people, so if you do something you really want to do, you have to be a bit obsessed about it. I have a lot of fun keeping my good old chart.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/18/19 6:12 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Glad it's worked so well for you! But it might be good to know, this is a website primarily for folks who have had bariatric surgery. Many of us tried things like IF and it did not work, hence the decision to have surgery :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

sally13jane
on 11/18/19 10:03 am - IN

Do you just skip breakfast? Very interested in what you are doing. Email me sjgonyer@comcast.net

Thanks

Sally

happyandslim
on 11/19/19 5:15 am

Did not know that this site was primarily for b. surgery. I thought it was a general "lose weight" site. Anyway, IF certainly works wonders for me. This, for me, is a lifetime thing. Easy and works.