Newbie :)

MissyChrissy
on 10/22/19 7:58 pm
VSG on 10/17/19

Hi Everyone, just dropped by to say "Hi" and see what everyone's up to and how they're going after their surgeries.

I had mine last week on the 17th October so I'm fairly new to this! So would be great to speak to everyone and moreso be in touch with some that have had surgery around the same time as me :)

Have a wonderful day

Dcgirl
on 10/23/19 6:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Welcome - WLS was the best thing I ever did for myself!

You should go to the RNY forum and join into the menu thread. People with RNY and VSG and anyone really, are welcome. It's a great community of folks and you can get an idea of what people are eating at all stages.

Right now your job is to drink as much water as you can, and get some protein in too! I am assuming you are on full liquids or purees? This is a great website with ideas. At one week out I was eating a lot of Light and Fit Greek Yogurt, cottage cheese, and protein shakes :)

https://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/p/links-reso urces.html

MissyChrissy
on 10/27/19 7:14 pm
VSG on 10/17/19

Hi there yes I am, Im having proteins and on full liquids this week, mainly three times a day and the res****er or some skim milk or broth, the artificial sweetened stuff no matter what I cannot pallot so jus****ching what i eat and that it doesn't contain too much sugar. Over all not having much problem consuming the 1800 - 2000ml limit generally up towards the 2700ml a day. I had my first vomit as i tent to drink a bit fast so that wasn't much fun. Will be a massive learning curve for me to slow down as I'm always so busy :( Ill check out the forum as suggested and thanks for the welcome :)

momyshaver
on 10/26/19 3:08 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Congratulations on your surgery and I hope your recovery is going well. The RNY daily accountability is a great encouragement and resource here on OH. I have found OH a very helpful resource with informative articles on the main site on various bariatric topics as well as all of the forums. You will find post bariatric patients in all stages. I have found posts from the veterans so helpful as I navigate my life post op. The honeymoon stage of year 1 and 2 was one thing but reading from people who are 5,10 or 15+ years is gold, really. You don't find much of that anywhere else. I have found this site to be supportive without the sugar coating. You will get support in an honest and frank way and we need that, sometimes. ;) I hope you are staying hydrated and meeting all of your goals. Welcome to OH!

jmk187
on 10/26/19 4:12 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Had VSG in February of of this year and I am 81lbs since surgery day. I feel great..and I started a job that is very physically demanding where I get over 20k steps in a shift some days..I would not have been able to do it had I not had the surgery.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

MissyChrissy
on 10/27/19 7:27 pm
VSG on 10/17/19

Thanks so much for the tips, recovering well from a bit of a traumatic surgery (flatlined and was very sick) but I'm fine now and tracking well. On my second week with full fluids and seem to be travelling well at this point! :)