Extreme Nausea and Stomach Pain

sunshinespring
on 9/25/19 4:25 pm - Bay Area, CA

Extreme nausea for over a week now, non stop making it difficult to do every day things. I take Zofran but it makes me feel "off" anything you guys use for nausea.

I will be seeing the doctor Tuesday but on the mean time any other suggestions

Thanks in advance.

Amy R.
on 9/25/19 8:08 pm

Wow I'm so sorry you're are going through this. Nausea is the worst! Glad you have that doctors appointment.

Zofran works best for me, but I've also used compazine with some success. There are a bunch of herbal things that are a help and I'm hoping those who go that route check in here too.

Remember if the pain gets to be too much, head to the ER. Also head there if you can't keep your liquids down. Dehydration makes everything worse and is dangerous all on it's own.

Take care. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/26/19 10:53 am

There are a few things that can cause nausea.

• Dehydration - and a person can be drinking a lot of water, but often electrolytes imbalances can cause dehydration.
  • Silent GERD
  • Food or other allergies
  • Minerals or vitamins deficiencies or excess
  • Liver -or GB problem
  • Side effects on medication or supplements

To deal with nausea using home type remedies some recommend ginger or peppermint.

I personally used a lot ginger, both capsules and tea, lots of it when I had persistent nausea. Some meds I am on now while helping one thing, can cause nausea. I am often fine unless I start moving around too much, looking at fast moving object. In case Iike that I often stop, stand supported or sit down if possible, code my eyes and breathe very deeply. It is what it is. I deal with it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

maimi
on 11/13/19 12:57 pm - LA

I understand .

I have had nausea, heartburn and lots of trips to the bathroom.

What did the doctor du for your problem?

I notice that people here are not helpful .

Good luck!!

sunshinespring
on 11/18/19 10:26 am - Bay Area, CA

Hello there,

nothing has been done yet unfortunately, I am scheduled for an endoscopy and colonoscopy next week, cant wait and hoping something can be done after. Everyday gets worse and want to feel better.

thanks,

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/19 10:03 am

I have had similar symptoms too... What do you recommend to take?

sunshinespring
on 11/30/19 10:17 am - Bay Area, CA

Hello There,

I followed the advice here and been chewing on ginger chews & ginger teas, I bought over the counter nausea relief syrup and take a mini dose when things get really bad, I stopped the prescribed medicine as it was making things worse, I also bought some Liquid IV for dehydration and that helps, I'm not feeling all the way better but this things have helped some.