Blue Bloods RNY Shaming - Seriously?!!

Kathy S.
on 5/6/19 5:32 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi H.A.L.A.,

I think for what little we saw he was in fear it would hinder him with his career to have people know he was that overweight. Sadly, he could set such a great example. It shouldn't matter how you get healthy just that you DID!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

White Dove
on 5/6/19 4:23 pm - Warren, OH

I jus****ched the show and see what you mean. That was really brutal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 5/7/19 6:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Yes it was and honestly this show is really done well and worth watching. This scene just blew me away and I was screaming at the TV oh hell no!!!

Gina 22 years out
on 5/5/19 5:09 pm - Burleson, TX

Your response made me think! I called my nephew, who is a police officer/fire chief, to ask his opinion...

To his knowledge, their is nothing in his city's codes denying applicants who have had WLS. I explained to him about dumping, RH, etc. He said they cannot discriminate against people with Diabetes, Epilepsy, etc, so it should fall in same category. He said it his city (mid size Tx city) his officers always run in teams. Not sure if that makes a difference.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Kathy S.
on 5/6/19 5:36 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Gina,

Very interesting....I wonder if his health insurance covers weight loss surgery?

I know in the opening of the episode they were running after a guy and had to climb stairs. The one cop was alone on the roof when it appeared he was going to pull a gun on her since her partner was not there. He ever asked where's your partner? If the other overweight cop had not come in huffing and puffing it was suggested there were have been a shooting. The overweight copy said "sorry" as he was catching his breath. So when you're nephew said they run in teams I wonder if that is more than one? Seems so.... Interesting and safe for sure. Thanks for sharing.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/19 6:42 am

My question would be, is a WLS option available under their cops health insurance? If not, and it is considered "plastic optional surgery", then that is bad.

Plus formerly obese cop taking on obese cops,while hiding he had that done? I would use any ways to put him down. Sorry.

PS: I had an ex-smoker filing a grievance that smokers gather around front entrance he has to go through. Except he doesn't. There are side doors he could use.

He wanted me to discipline the smokers. Because now the smoke bothers him.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

axmxb546
on 5/6/19 6:39 pm

I don'****ch this show either, but out of curiosity I clicked the link and watched the clip. That's a shame. They could have done that scene differently. To me the worst part is "You took the short cut". I'm still pre surgery, but that's something I'm trying to get my husband to understand. Except his phrase was "taking the easy way out". Tomato, Tamato. It stings either way. And I'm sure Hollywood using terms like this will not help others in any way I still don't understand why people think it's the "easy way". Having a surgeon remove part of me doesn't seem easy. All the life style changes I'm make, not easy.

Kathy S.
on 5/7/19 6:38 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi axmxb546, as I mentioned before this really is an excellent show and usually very well written. That scene had my blood boiling from the use of the word lard, to shaming him. And they wonder why he tried to bury it? HELLO, you just proved his point.

Side note: I can't remember if it was this episode or another one but the other guy (not Tom Selleck) had mentioned he recently lost 50 pounds the right way.