Looking for a Top notch Revision Surgeon

Twins-mom
on 4/14/19 4:11 pm, edited 4/16/19 8:55 am

Hi there Everyone,

I hope you can recommend some good surgeons for revision surgery

califsleevin
on 4/14/19 10:12 pm - CA

You do have a lot going on - I'm so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. As they mentioned in the other revision thread, Drs Keshishian and Rabkin are very well regarded for complex revisions, though they are both in CA. On the east side, look into Dr. David Greenbaum in NJ and Dr. Mitchell Roslin in NYC, both of whom are amongst the few capable of doing the complex RNY to DS revision (whether you need to end up with a DS is incidental, but you need someone to straighten out these past issues which doesn't sound all that straightforward.)

Good luck in working this out...

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Gwen M.
on 4/15/19 5:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I was going to suggest that you post to the revision forum, but you already have! I hope you're able to get answers and find a surgeon to give you some relief.

On a total side note - have you seen a vestibular therapist? I assume you have, but I'm asking because I didn't even know that such a thing existed until a few years ago! I was grateful that I knew they existed before I had a horrible bout of BPPV.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kathy S.
on 4/15/19 5:29 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You have mail

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

btm61
on 4/15/19 6:39 am

Try Goshen Center for Weight Reduction in Goshen, Indiana. Really good surgeons and highly regarded.

babettes_feast
on 4/16/19 8:47 am

Hi - Sorry you have so much going on! I live near Boston which is an embarrassment of riches, medically speaking. I researched everyone and the surgeon who did my sleeve and will do my DS is outstanding. I trust her implicitly.

Sheila Partridge, MD

Center for Weight Loss Surgery

Newtown-Wellesley Hospital (a Mass General satellite in Newton)

https://www.nwh.org/campaigns/center-for-weight-loss-surgery ?_vsrefdom=wls&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmew-yeaTgjfd27 iC9AfCw-UD3V3sNgjlynH-0NwbPPSVtY4sEHDMm4aAjw7EALw_wcB

Center of Excellence

The Center for Weight Loss Surgery at Newton-Wellesley Hospital is continuously recognized for excellence in the field of bariatric surgery.

• Ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Bariatric Surgery
  • Recipient of the HealthGrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award
  • Five-Star Rated for Bariatric Surgery
  • Accredited as a Level 1A Bariatric Surgery Center from the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the highest level of accreditation a center can receive

Janet P.
on 4/18/19 7:56 am

Hazem Elariny in Fairfax, VA also does RNY to DS revisions. His office isn't great, but he's a great surgeon (did my DS 16 years ago and I wouldn't hesitate to have him operate on me if I needed him).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

bonvivant57
on 4/21/19 9:34 am

Greetings,

I suggest you contact Dr. Philip Schauer at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland OH.

They did over 700 cases last year and I was very glad to be just another boring case for them.

Overall, a perfect experience.

Best of luck.

BV57