How does WW works

Gina 22 years out
on 4/11/19 5:17 am - Burleson, TX

You have a "range", but you have it, all along, so you don't really notice the change. Or at least, it didn't impact ME, much, but I rarely used/use all my points, anyway

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/12/19 12:45 pm

I hate to tell you that, but calories are just numbers, created by scientists, and they are neither accurate, nor precise numbers to determine how much is too much, and how much is too little. Calories is not a precise science.

Reality - you calories are " what you eat, can digest and assimilate, then deduct what you eliminated". Saying that- I notice that when I got chronically constipated, my body extracted as much as it could from what I ate. The bacteria in our guts has ability to break down - digest things in food that we normally should be able to pass through undigested. But when bacteria breaks the fiber into elements like sugar, gas, water, etc, suddenly your body can use more from that food that a person with normal transition time would not have.

Not only that, but the delivery of food - manufactured, predigested food, vs work out body has to put into digesting it can affect how much calories you can assimilate out of the "hypothetical" 1200 calories you take per day.

if you just google "not all calories are equal " you can come up with a lot of blogs, articles, etc etc to talk about that issues.

here is one of them , and I just use that as example. I have not read this one completely so I would not use that as a reference, but there is some info worth exploring.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-a-calorie -is-not-a-calorie

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 4/15/19 7:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Your sleeve is still a full functioning stomach, so your body isn't very different than it was when you used WW. It's just smaller now, which theoretically should make it easier to follow their plan without being as hungry. As you get smaller, the allowed calories also gets smaller because your body doesn't require as much energy.

Now, that being said, if WW didn't work well prior to surgery, why on earth would you expect it to work any different now? They have many repeat customers.....REPEAT CUSTOMERS. That tells you that it's not a permanent solution.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Valerie G.
on 4/25/19 6:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

With just the sleeve, your needs are the same as if you never had surgery. The difference is that your capacity for food is changed, which should make it much easier than your experiences pre-surgery.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes