"Family by the Ton" show

Liz J.
on 3/5/19 6:04 am
DS on 11/29/16

What channel is this one?

(I feel like I'm going to be watching a train wreck...)

Thanks in advance,

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/5/19 7:17 am

It is The TLC, the same as the 600 lbs life series.

It is a train wreck. And all of them have at least 200 or much more lbs to lose.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 3/5/19 6:07 am

Oh no. I hadn't seen this before. I'm kind of speechless.

Liz J.
on 3/5/19 6:11 am
DS on 11/29/16

I know, right?

Willie H.
on 4/3/19 8:44 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Amazing that the guy had to tuck his belly into his pants-end up having 110 lbs of skin cut off!!! But what i really got from the family are each one had an "enabler". Even the slim sister who wanted her sister to lose weight would bring food to her sisters bedroom. And the cousin (pretty hefty herself) would bring the guy around shopping-remember they ate 1/2 of the 10 pizza's they were suppose to bring to the party? They are a lot heavier than most of us were (he was twice my size when I was 350lbs!) but how can we not relate to their situation? Whether 100 200, 300 or 400lbs overweight we all ate too much to get there?! At the bowling alley when he was suppose to eat one meal day of protein and carbs he chooses a plate full of fast food! And they continue to go though the drive-through daily. Great show to show us what we SHOULD NOT be doing. The Dr does seem pretty cool.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Kathy S.
on 4/3/19 10:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I find myself talking to the TV and it's not pretty

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/3/19 10:42 am

you know, the 100lbs skin is not just skin, right? They remove skin apron still with fat . But for such big people with so much extra skin, losing the fat and often lymphedema and/ or lipomas (fat tumors like) is the only option to make them more mobile. and allow them to move easier. There are peopel who lose most of the fat and are really left up with just skin. It is close to impossible to get rid of both, lipomas, or lymphedema by dieting it off. Most of the time there is not enough blood connectors to help carry the fat out to be burned off.

Just skin by itself may weigh 3-10 lbs max.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Willie H.
on 4/3/19 12:33 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Did not know that-yow!. Must take quite awhile for recovery of skin removal-cutting, snipping and suturing-must be painful healing!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Liz J.
on 4/3/19 1:44 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Well, I'm going to look for it this weekend AFTER I do my bike ride. I'm going to watch it for what not to do...

Question- Is this something to send people to that say "You took the easy way out..." ?

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/3/19 7:33 pm

I would not send anything to anyone who would say thing like that. To me it means that they are ignorant and makes opinion based on stupidity. Sorry, I don't believe we can fix that. As much as it sting hearing things like that, I just smile, node, and change thet subject, before I excuse myself from their company.

If that is someone I really don't like, I may say, I wish there was an easy way to fix stupid. And leave it as that. I used that only one time. But my close friend snorted tea she was drinking. The woman that was directed towards did not get it. Which was fine by me.